Developing an android app that I pastly wrote its java code

• Replies:1
Aslaan Sadr
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 21, 2013, 11:49:57 PM via Website

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi
I wrote a project in JAVA and now,I want to move this project to android environment and run it on Android. My project has 2 sections: Client and Server. Client program fragments a file and send it to Server. Server listens to a specific port and receive packet which came from client. After that the client sent file completely ,send a “finish” message to server, and then server stick these chunks together and build the first file.
This is the project that I wrote in java. Now I want to transfer this file to android, how can I do this? Please help me.
Thanks
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KrayZ Logic
  • Forum posts: 17

Jun 22, 2013, 12:05:22 AM via Website

It is not as simple as copying and pasting code over. I would suggest you visit the Android documentation page and search for some beginner tutorials on getting started with Android. There are a few things that you need to learn before you can start working with Android like contexts, xml layouts, etc. Start with the Hello Android stuff and go from there. If you are good with java, which i assume you are if you wrote your client/server program, this shouldn't take more than a day if even a few hours.