How to create a flipping like image ?

• Replies:1
Feciuc Stelian Teodor
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 21, 2013, 10:31:15 AM via Website

Ok, so the thing is that I want to create a rather simple android application. The application would be about interesting stuff. I'ld like to have a set background and on the background to write the 'interesting stuff' , A something like 'did you know that?' application. I would like for the user to be able to flip the screen on left, right, up or down by touching the screen. After doing so, another 'interesting stuff'' will prompt from the direction that the user flipped. Imagine something like flipping the pages of a book or the way that you move thru photos on a touch-screen phone. How to do so? So the user can flip thru images?. I'm a beginner in the android market and I'ld like to learn as much as possible about android-related programing languages. Also, if possible, recommand me some beginner books for android programming. Thank you in advance

jessica johnson
  • Forum posts: 10

Jul 25, 2013, 10:27:47 PM via Website

Feciuc Stelian Teodor
Also, if possible, recommand me some beginner books for android programming.

Not to sure about the flipping image you are trying to do, but some of my top books for programming are Android Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide, and Programming Android.

Hope that helps and would be more than happy to hear from other devs on what books if any they would suggest