android/swype/password problem

• Replies:3
abby
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 12, 2013, 12:37:32 AM via Website

hey- so i have Android Swype as my keyboard setting-so i have to swipe my password to get into my nexus 7. at one point swype told me my free trial was over so i couldnt swipe...only text. i bought the updated version to get the swype back...it downloaded. a friend needed me so i left for a bit...forgetting the upgrade...and my tablet locked. it now will not let me in because i need to swype not type. i do not want to reset or anything.--might there be a way to get into my account, add the upgrade into the keyboard and get back in?? thanks... A

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Aug 12, 2013, 12:05:46 PM via Website

Hi Abby!

If possible try to start your device in "safe mode first". Android devices often have a "safe mode" feature that will allow you to start up without any 3rd party software. The way you start up in safe mode differs from device to device, though. Usually it involves a specific sequence of buttons, this probably be your volume button, power button, or menu button. If your device has a trackball, try holding that down after you see your phone's start-up screen.

Let us know if that helps sort of the problem.

abby
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 12, 2013, 6:14:55 PM via Website

what is the difference between "recovery mode" and "restart bootloader?" which would i do?
i dont know what/how to get to, to start up in "safe mode"

also,ive heard when you cant get your password, gmail will help you get in with your email password. that does not come up with my nexus 7

UPDATE

i got it into safe mode...but my password still wont let me in...

— modified on Aug 12, 2013, 6:32:56 PM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 48

Sep 17, 2013, 2:47:00 PM via Website

Hopefully not. There's no other way to get in rather than a reset.

— modified on Sep 17, 2013, 4:07:26 PM by moderator