- Forum posts: 879
Aug 12, 2013, 3:20:58 PM via Website
Aug 12, 2013 3:20:58 PM via Website
Be careful! This is at your own risk! Neither AndroidPIT nor I will be held responsible for any damages! Make sure it is Galaxy Note 2 model N7100 running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
How to root the Galaxy Note 2
What you need:
- The CF-Auto-Root tool and rooting method is for the Galaxy Note 2 N7100 only. Please don't try this on any other device model, they may brick or damage it.
- To verify what your device number is, go to settings and then about phone.
- You'll need to download and install the necessary USB drivers for your phone on computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your phone. This is done by going through Settings, then Developer Options.
- Important! Backup important data and settings on your phone via ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP recovery
- Ensure your phone is factory unlocked, as is its bootloader
- Make sure that your phone has been charged to at least 80% so that it won't shut down unexpectedly during firmware installation.
CF-Auto-Root for Galaxy Note 2 N7100 (CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.zip)
Odin v3.07 (contained in above download)
How to Root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 running on the official Android 4.1.2 XXDMG1 Jelly Bean Firmware
- Extract CF-Auto-Root and Odin 3.07 zip files using winrar or 7zip or winzip and copy files to computer desktop.
- Turn off your phone and reboot it into Download mode. This is done by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons until construction Android robot icon with warning triangle appears onscreen. Now press Volume Up to enter Download mode.
- Launch Odin on your computer; do this as an Administrator. Only admin status holds privileges which are required to complete root installation
- Connect your Note 2 to computer with your USB cable while still in Download mode. Wait until Odin recognizes your device and ID: the COM box will turn blue with corresponding COM port number. This confirms device is connected successfully.
- In Odin, click PDA and choose the CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.tar.md5 file
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are selected in Odin. Also, verify Re-Partition option is unchecked, as this would screw up the entire process.
- Double-check the previous steps and click Start to being the installation process.
- After the root process completes, your phone will reboot and a PASS message will appear. You can now remove the USB cable to disconnect your device from the computer.
There you go! Your Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 is now rooted on Android 4.1.2 XXDMG1 official firmware and apps which require root access can now be installed on the phone. Check the root status of the device by downloading and installing the Root Checker app from the Google Play Store.
— modified on Jul 2, 2014, 1:14:09 PM by moderator
Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! Important to all community members: please read before posting