Hi, How Are You?

• Replies:1
Carder Williams
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 22, 2013, 4:49:25 AM via Website

Hello all!

Add another notch to your belt Android... another lifelong Apple Fanboy has broken free and jumped into your open arms. Although the "money grab" that was abandoning the universal cable for Apple products made me question my my loyalty, I refused to acknowledge the fact that there might be a better phone or mobile OS out there up until the moment of Apple's iPhone 5S/5C announcement. But the new generation of iPhones flipped a switch in my mind that, frankly, should have gone off a long time ago. I still maintain that the smartphone revolution and the calliber of all mobile devices available today are thanks to the original iPhone. What I failed to see, until recently, was how stagnant the devices offered by Apple have become. With the exception of computing power & advancing the quality & capabilities of the "camera-phone", Apple's iPhone has failed to wow, especially since the iPhone 4. Yes, each iteration provides improvements of the last - but there has been nothing novel in some time. When a fingerprint scanner was presented as if it were that novel idea that no one could be without, I made my decision to cut my ties (as far as mobile phones go) with Apple until they are able to drag that dying Fanboy in me back out for the right reasons, and not because of slick looking hardware and fun, but ultimately useless, functionality...

... after a few weeks of being courted by Android, I sense that inner Fanboy fading quickly.

So here I am! After contemplating for weeks I took a leap of faith and bought my very first Android device. It was a close call between the GS4 and the HTC-One, but I think I made the right choice. It's been an amazing adventure learning the ins & outs of the OS and the phone over the last few weeks, and I'm happy to have found a community to learn and experience with. Considering myself a pretty tech-savvy guy, I also hope to be able to contribute and help others shortly as well.

Mañana
-MrCarder

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Oct 22, 2013, 2:44:03 PM via Website

Hey @Carder, thanks for your honest and entertaining post (and welcome to the forums and to Android). Once you switch to Android I expect you'd find it very hard to go back to the restrictions of Apple. Everyone who started on iPhones and stuck to them just doesn't know the difference and probably don't care and are thus happy, but once you've tasted that freedom, I expect Apple phones would feel way too restrictive. Maybe you'd like to add to our forum thread about why switch to Apple from Android (you can add to points for both) - I'm guessing you have some insider knowledge many of us who've never owned an iPhone could learn from, especially now both platforms are so fresh in your mind.
PS Glad you opted for the Galaxy S4. The HTC One is a great phone, but kinda on its last legs.

— modified on Oct 22, 2013, 2:44:45 PM

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting