App idea to replace Sony Dash

• Replies:0
Laura Perry
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 13, 2013, 3:54:16 PM via Website

I have a Sony Dash. They call it a personal internet viewer. It's becoming an obsolete product but I really love it and want to see the idea live on. The premise is that it's an alarm clock that has a window set up to scroll through various widgets that I set up on a website. My favorites are several news sites, RSS feeds, weather for a few different cities. Sunrise and moon rise data, Facebook news feed, etc. Mine sits on my dresser so when I get ready in the morning, I have it scrolling through various widgets and I can keep up with whats important to me. If there is a particular news headline that interests me, I can click on it and read the story or send the link to my email to remind me to read it later.
I've looked for an app like this for awhile and just can't find it. I'm not even sure what to call it. I'd love to see it on a tablet that I can take with me where ever. Almost like a personal newspaper.
I'd love for someone to develop this app. It doesn't seem that difficult. The content already exists, just need someone that knows how to combine it.