Google play store wont load, PLEASE HELP!!!! samsung note 2 model # SGH- 1317M

• Replies:10
Ricky S.
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 24, 2014, 7:25:07 AM via Website

my google play store wont work "it opens but does not pass the retry, no connection screen". I have tried every other option(clearing all data on application manager, factory reset my device, downloading apps via browser and redownloading google play store off of 4shared) clearing all data did not work and when I tried to download the google playstore off of 4shared the actual browser wouldn't load passed the screen where it asks for your facebook or twitter validation. when I tried downloading the apps off of the browser it said there is no device. would rooting and flashing my device be the next step? if so, I have never rooted and flashed a phone any tips or suggestions? I have basically tried everything and would really appreciate some help. PLEASE HELP!!
model # SGH-1317M Bell Mobility ( CANADA )
Samsung Galaxy Note 2

— modified on Jan 24, 2014, 7:28:04 AM

Tanishq Jain
  • Forum posts: 7

Jan 24, 2014, 8:34:52 AM via App

Nothing stated above would help. And the 4shared way definitely never works. Factory reset your device , sign in to Google, and then check if the error occurs. :)

Ricky S.

Ricky S.
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 24, 2014, 8:46:22 AM via Website

Thanks soo much for your time/help. I already tried factory reset and then delete account and re-add the google account in the settings menu but still no luck. my phone is pretty useless without the play store, any other suggestions???

— modified on Jan 24, 2014, 9:42:12 AM

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jan 28, 2014, 9:24:34 AM via Website

Ricky S.
Thanks soo much for your time/help. I already tried factory reset and then delete account and re-add the google account in the settings menu but still no luck. my phone is pretty useless without the play store, any other suggestions???

Well, if factory resetting your device is not solving your problem out then there might be some other big issues i think you should try flashing the other ROM like from the cyanogen mode, I am preferring this because i am having a doubt about your ROM it might have some bugs or kind of as installing cynogen mod ROM will let you test that play store is working in the correct way or not if you see like in Cynogen mod ROM play store works fine than you are definitely going to sure about the problem is in your ROM and if flashing doesn't even solve the problem then the problem is with the device ROM only and i am afraid you need to visit the nearest support centre for that ..... I would really hope that this answer would be of some use for you... :)

Ole Solbjørg
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 10, 2014, 3:03:20 PM via Website

search google: "Download: Latest Google Play Store 4.5.10 With Shared Play Store Activity, IAP Indicator, And More"

you will then get the link to android police and then download and install..

good luck

Gábriel Priòre

Paul Jordan Fajardo

Dec 23, 2014, 10:07:18 AM via Website

hi have you solved your problem with playstore already? i have the same problem with my samsung galaxy note 8. but... the playstore on a brand new tab i just bought for my grandmother also has the same issues. its guaranteed brand new so i think its not the device that has the issue. try tweaking your connection too

Ronak Shah

Apr 23, 2015, 6:23:17 AM via Website

hey i have the same mobile as yours and mine went thru software update a couple of days ago and since then i am having same trouble and i have tried almost everything but its not working so plz let me know if u find out any solution

Gábriel Priòre

Jan 18, 2017, 4:00:43 AM via Website

Ole Solbjørg, I SERIOUSLY want to thank you very much!!!!! Your advice was 100% accurate, and was the true and genuine resolution!!!!! I am completely shocked that nobody actually thanked you; they just disappeared! How disrespectful of them! My phone now works 100% flawlessly like a brand new unpackaged device strictly because of YOUR advice!

Thank you VERY much!!!!!

Namal Kodagode
  • Forum posts: 15

Jan 18, 2017, 6:25:45 AM via Website

reset your device and log in again

— modified on Jan 18, 2017, 6:25:58 AM

Stephen Riw
  • Forum posts: 5

Jan 19, 2017, 9:17:49 AM via Website

I went into this same problem long time ago. I was angry and I give google play up to look for some alternatives.
By the way google play sucks

OneJohnFiveTwelve

Apr 25, 2018, 10:00:51 AM via Website

So Stephen Raw, how about telling us which alternative you found and how it worked out for you?