Samsung Galaxy S3 — charging problem

• Replies:3
taher ahmed
  • Forum posts: 14

Jan 28, 2014, 10:25:58 AM via App

my battery percentage was at 18% at night and when I turned on the device inthe morning it showed 53% again I switched off the mobile n removed the battery and placed the battery again then again 18% was shown! what's wrong with my mobile? Please help me out!

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Jan 28, 2014, 10:39:25 AM via Website

Hi Taher,

I was having the same problems with my Galaxy S3. Here are some things to consider in helping the problem:
  • If your device is having charging issues and the previous solution hasn't helped, you might have a faulty cable. Before you rush out to buy a replacement, just grab a spare USB cable from another device and try it instead.
  • heck the same charger/cable combination on a different device and see if it works normally.
  • sometimes the reason a device is not charging correctly is because there is something lodged in the port, or there is just a lot of debris blocking the connection, like pocket lint or dirt.
  • Charging from a wall socket is always going to charge faster than via PC or laptop
  • you might have a defective battery. Replace the battery with a manufacturer original or respected third party power source. Check your warranty, you may be eligible for a free replacement.
  • There are apps to help manage battery, like Battery Doctor.
More details are outlined in our article How to fix a phone that won't charge.

taher ahmed
  • Forum posts: 14

Jan 28, 2014, 10:57:50 AM via App

@admin is it good to charge even after 100% ?
@admin only one time I saw such wrong battery percentage.
@admin is it good to frequently charge I.e 3-4 times a day?

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Jan 28, 2014, 11:10:08 AM via Website

Hi Taher,

When it's done charging, I would unplug it to avoid overheating. It's also important to note use your phone when charging, this could cause it to overheat. Avoid letting your phone's battery to completely discharge, which could damage it.
If this only happened once, you might jsut want to install battery doctor to see what's consuming the most battery. Maybe you had something running and didn't know it. Also, make sure it was plugged into the socket properly.
You don't really need to charge it so often. I would try maybe waiting until it gets down to 10% and then charging to full. You shouldn't need to do this more than once a day. Charging more is fine too, but a hassle unless you are right beside a socket.