Google Nexus 5 — How to take a screenshot with the Nexus 5

• Replies:4
  • Stickied
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Feb 6, 2014, 11:04:30 AM via Website

Heyo!

If you’ve just bought yourself a Nexus 5 and are wondering how to take a screenshot, it’s easy! Here is how:

Hold down on the VOLUME BUTTON and the POWER button simultaneously, but keep them held for more than a second or so. Wait until you hear a sound or see an animation on the screen. You will then receive a notification that a screenshot was taken in the notification bar.

To quickly share the shot, simply press on the share icon
in the notification bar and choose Gmail, Google+ or another app of your choice.

The screenshot is automatically saved on your Gallery app.

You might need to practice a few times until you get it right, but you’ll get the hang of it quickly. :grin:

pluglesstech
  • Forum posts: 67

Feb 12, 2014, 7:39:35 AM via Website

Is there any alternative for taking a screenshot like apps..

— modified on Feb 12, 2014, 7:42:06 AM

Mary Mod
  • Forum posts: 432

Feb 12, 2014, 11:22:40 AM via Website

Just wondering, why would you want an alternative and download an app for taking a screenshot for the Nexus 5? I believe there are apps to do this for certain devices which cannot take screen shots.

— modified on Feb 12, 2014, 11:23:18 AM

Klavs P.
  • Forum posts: 23

Feb 2, 2016, 10:04:00 AM via Website

What volume button to press? + or - ?)
I had previously IPhone and dont know. Also, if there any standard editor for photos? For example, I need to take screenshot from the book and crop the extra text,so what should I use to do this?

Sunny
  • Forum posts: 21

Nov 14, 2017, 11:23:31 AM via Website

Here I recommend ApowerMirror. You can take Android screenshot easily and efficiently. You can have a try! image