Samsung Galaxy Note 2 — Used A Factory Reset

• Replies:1
Jennifer Morgan
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 10, 2014, 11:58:24 AM via Website

I used a factory reset yesterday thinking i was "fixing" my phone. For about a week now I had kept getting this pop up from Google Play Services saying it needed an update. I would click on it to install the new update only to have it tell me 2 seconds later that there was an error with the server and to try again later. I would click on OK only for the stupid thing to constantly pop up still. Also, for some reason I couldn't get my videos to download onto my computer but my husband figured that out. I'm not a tech noob but I just couldn't figure that one out.

Now that I have reset my phone and reinstalled all my favorite apps, a couple aren't working. Is it the apps or the phone? I never had a problem before. When I open Dramafever it's just blank. It should have the home page with a list of featured dramas. Secondly, YouTube. Ugh. I think Google screwed me over on that one. I KNOW what my login and password are yet it keeps telling me no. I have tried other emails it could possibly use and still nothing. Now everything from YouTube is gone. I blame that one on Google.

Oh I almost forgot, there have been a few times I haven't been able to access certain websites that I have been before. Is that because of the reset I did or something I need to fix somewhere in my settings? I know this is kind of out there but I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Daniel Westerdale
  • Forum posts: 9

Feb 14, 2014, 11:40:00 AM via Website

have you done the Factory Reset as result of the terrible battery life following the 4.3 update? If so did that improve at least. I wonder if there is cache you need to empty to allow authentication.