I lost (or deleted) factory installed contact stroge application on my Samsung Galaxy, how I can bring it back.

• Replies:2
Nalan G
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 7, 2014, 2:51:05 AM via Website

Hi everyone,

Accidentally, I lost/deleted factory installed "contact data storage application. I called TMobile technical service, but we were not able to see among listed all applications.The rep. was pretty surprised that I managed to do that. Can anyone help me to locate/bring back this application without hard resetting my phone?

All help is appreciated,

Thanks,
nalan

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Jun 4, 2014, 4:25:05 AM via Website

Nalan G

Hi everyone,

Accidentally, I lost/deleted factory installed "contact data storage application. I called TMobile technical service, but we were not able to see among listed all applications.The rep. was pretty surprised that I managed to do that. Can anyone help me to locate/bring back this application without hard resetting my phone?

All help is appreciated,

Thanks,
nalan

you cannot restore the app without re-flashing. but re-flashing will remove all the downloaded apps
there is a second way were you need to root your phone and download the stock contact app and push it to system root .

Ready To Help You.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jun 4, 2014, 11:33:28 AM via Website

Hi @Nalan, I'm not sure how you managed to delete it either, unless you are rooted and did it through a root explorer (which sounds unlikely to happen ''accidentally''!).

Is there a possibility that you just hid it from your visible apps? I know some devices have a ''hide apps'' option for the app drawer. I don't think Samsung has this feature off the top of my head, but it's worth a shot!

Go into your App Manager in settings and scroll to the All tab. Double check that the contacts app is not there (it may not be called something convenient like ''Contacts'' so take your time). You might also want to quickly install an app called Root Checker from the Play Store to assess if your device is actually rooted (in case you bought it second hand), although then you wouldn't get automatic updates, so you'd probably know by now.

If it has indeed been deleted there's no other option I'm aware of than to flash it again yourself. You should be able to find the APK somewhere if it's not in the Play Store already, but you could also just install a new contacts app if you wanted to. I hope your contacts were saved to cloud or SD card!

— modified on Jun 4, 2014, 11:34:04 AM

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting