Google Play Store Suddently Crashes in a secound

• Replies:6
Brandon Niebla
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 16, 2014, 5:54:23 AM via Website

hello guys i recently have bought a new cellphone called Popüle P3, POP something

the thing is first time i turn on the cellphone i noticed there was no play store installed, so i decided to installed downloading and APK of the play store

i accept unknown sources then i installed, but it didnt work, i tried with a lots more and nothing.

then i saw a video tutorial of how to installed, i had to root the phone it was a really problem because i wasnt able to root it i dont know why and this phone has android 4.1.1 but luckly i did it, then i installed via ES FILE EXPLORER using a vending.apk which is the play store.

then i restart the phone and finally appears the application in the apps panel, but when i run it inmediatly crashes, didnt show up any pop up, just it close up by itself, finally i saw another tutorial which the guy is enable the download manager but the download manager is ENABLE in my phone so the tutorial was a waste of time

what can i do now? the phone is new, should i install a new rom? with android 4.1.1 or higher?

please help me.

Joel W.
  • Forum posts: 164

Mar 16, 2014, 10:54:30 PM via Website

Sorry to hear you're having these issues. If the play store isn't installed, it's certainly a hellish process of getting it on the phone. As for your question, yes, I'd advise installing a custom ROM, as it sounds like something in your current UI is preventing the Play Store .apk from activating correctly.

Keep in mind, when you're trying to get into custom ROM flashing: FOLLOW DIRECTIONS carefully. If you don't, you'll end up with a dead phone. Feel free to ask us for any help if you need it!

--I do a good impression of myself--

Brandon Niebla
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 17, 2014, 3:02:16 AM via Website

hi Joel thanks for answer my question

what should i do to install a new rom, into my cellphone? what should i tell you to recommend me a rom?

thanks for your time.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Mar 21, 2014, 8:47:02 AM via Website

@Brandon Well, which device you are using? I would some more information in order to guide you to the flashing process, like your device model number. Without knowing the manufacturer of the device, it is not possible. :grin:

— modified on Mar 21, 2014, 10:56:23 AM by moderator

Marc
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 29, 2014, 1:51:59 PM via Website

I have the same phone Wicth info you need to tell me the best room for this phone?

I put all the caracteristic in my profile.

— modified on Apr 29, 2014, 1:57:57 PM

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Apr 29, 2014, 3:41:50 PM via Website

It has a MediaTek MT6575 chip, so rooting should be possible. Unfortunately MediaTek don't release their kernel sources, so custom roms like CyanogenMod or AOKP won't be available, though the phone is supposed to be only able to run Gingerbread (android 2.3.6) so there may either be some heavy skinning to make it look like 4.1 (commonly done on Chinese phones, anyone can edit the build.prop to show as any version of android) or it already has some custom rom on it.

Sinkster

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Apr 30, 2014, 7:06:46 AM via Website

@Marc whey don't you try having a look at the XDA thread I think this thread can help you out in choosing the ROM check it here "forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2284347"