• Replies:6
  • OpenStickiedUnanswered
Loie Favre
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 1,116

Apr 24, 2014 5:50:50 PM via Website

Hey guys,

If you get the message saying error 491 when using the Google Play Store, this means that a download or update was impossible at that moment. But do not worry, there is a way to fix this.

1. First, you need to remove and then reinstate later your Google account. This you can do in the settings of your Android device, under accounts, tap on the Google option and then hit the menu button and select remove account.
  2. Before adding it in again, restart your Android smartphone or tablet.
  3. Now, add the account once again by going by the same route to get to the option in settings. Next, go to the Applications or Apps section in the settings and swipe left until you see all apps.
  4. Scroll down until you find Google services. Here clear the data and the cache in the app info, and finally force stop.

This should do the trick!!

— modified on Apr 24, 2014 5:51:51 PM

• Forum posts: 1

Jul 4, 2015 12:36:16 AM via Website

I have found this bug to be fix with a phone restart.
Power down your phone
Then power up again.
That may fix the bug for now.
I am not saying the staff is not a good fix just that there is another way to do it.

• Forum posts: 2

Aug 29, 2015 1:17:03 AM via Website

I fix it with such scheme

1) clean play market updates.
2) restart phone in recovery mode
3) clean dalvic cashe in recovery mode.

The first step is not necessary for some devices.

Nov 25, 2015 11:30:18 AM via Website

I had try remove and re-add my google account, clean all data and the cache, reboot the system to the factory setting but nothing has been resolved.
But I observe that changing connection to another wireless connections the tablet has no problem downloading new apps from google. I reset my home wireless and the problem was resolved.

Mar 11, 2016 6:37:19 PM via Website

NO need to do too much things.............just restart phone and then try again.......... it will strt downloading............ i have tried it......and it worked

Jul 18, 2016 4:05:53 PM via Website

This account deletion thing is like trying to kill a mosquito with a sledge hammer:
-- first, you are assuming that this happens during downloading of any/all apps
-- my problem is with only one app from one manufacturer --- ALL other apps download just fine. Just one app updating generates the error.
I'm not willing to potentially wipe out settings and savings of all other tied apps to fix a single problem.

Better response would be to explain ---- IN DETAIL ---- what is generating the code and exactly what the code means (what is the internal operation of the O/S doing when the error occurs?)

Sep 21, 2016 8:55:52 PM via Website

This really worked for me on my ZTE max pro... I downloaded this app from my browser " APKPure". Search for it on Google. once I installed it, I opened it and searched for Google app, updated it and WaLaa, everything worked