Samsung Galaxy S4 mini — How to delete the Dropbox app?

• Replies:9
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 4

Apr 25, 2014 12:32:42 AM via Website

I downloaded Dropbox but want to eliminate it completely. It seems not possible. Only disable seems possible.

— modified on Apr 25, 2014 4:28:38 PM by moderator

Apr 25, 2014 10:23:30 AM via Website

Not possible.... Only alternative is "Disable"

Apr 25, 2014 11:19:55 AM via Website

Maybe because I now have a million thumbnails (all my pics and files from my Dropbox account) somewhere in the phone memory. I can not find out where and how to eliminate them..... Or are they loaded from Dropbox each time I use Gallery??? I did find a way to disable them in the Gallery though.... Do I have to "Factory" reset the phone and start the installation from scratch to get rid of the Dropbox issue???

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,087

Apr 25, 2014 11:55:10 AM via Website

Bengt BERG

Maybe because I now have a million thumbnails (all my pics and files from my Dropbox account) somewhere in the phone memory. I can not find out where and how to eliminate them..... Or are they loaded from Dropbox each time I use Gallery??? I did find a way to disable them in the Gallery though.... Do I have to "Factory" reset the phone and start the installation from scratch to get rid of the Dropbox issue???

Well, I find out why you can't uninstall it its because you're not rooted ! I am a rooted user.... I am afraid but until or unless you've rooted your device you can't uninstall it.

• Forum posts: 7

Apr 26, 2014 11:35:38 AM via Website

if ur device is rooted

try the app link2sd

this app was made to transfer files frm internal storage to sd but it also supports system app uninstallations

• Forum posts: 6

Apr 30, 2014 2:56:17 AM via App

also app manager 3 also does this. if you haven't moved it to your SD card yet you'll find it under movable just long press it and choose the uninstall option

• Forum posts: 15

Apr 30, 2014 4:51:49 PM via Website

Because samsung add Dropbox as system build-in application, so you can't uninstall it without root your phone