Greetings and advice needed

• Replies:1
Tom Lindley
  • Forum posts: 1

May 24, 2014, 2:50:57 PM via Website

I am new to the forum, and new to android app development. I have a long history of Windows based development in C#, including some Windows Phone. I have two areas where I need some advice.

1. Looking for a good android device to use for development. Not planning on this as my primary device and for my purposes could get by with just wireless access for testing. Have no idea where to start. Is there a specific OS version I should be interested in? I use AT/T for my provider and wonder if I should get an "unlocked phone".
  2. C# development. Have downloaded but not yet used Code42 for Visual Studio. Would prefer to say in VS as all the other dev I do is in that platform. Open to learning Java, just don't want to go there unless I can't get what I want accomplished with C#. Know about mono and AndroidStudio, all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

May 26, 2014, 9:08:29 AM via Website

Hey @Tom first of all welcome aboard to the AndroidPi forum, I am glad that you have joined this forum we have Android Developer Forum for newbies like you !!! You can participate in Q/A over their, and as far as answers to your questions is concerned I'll say try asking it over to the developer forum because I am really confused in answering your question, I am sure other members can help you out with this !! :)