What has disappointed you most about a smartphone?

• Replies:11
Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jun 12, 2014, 12:52:29 PM via Website

I've been thinking about when our phones disappoint us. We have such high hopes for them that inevitably they don't always live up to expectations.

My biggest smartphone disappointment came with my last Galaxy S2 update, Jelly Bean 4.1.2. Battery life was nerfed, the lock screen takes multiple attempts to respond, the swype keyboard received a dramatic downgrade. (If I remember rightly it automatically sent words and doesn't give you an opportunity to correct the spelling) The interface was much slower. Whatever improvements it brought were intangible and a number of important functions were made worse. It was a failure.

But what aspect of a smartphone has most disappointed you?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Jun 12, 2014, 1:02:46 PM via Website

one of my phone is note 1, which have an 4.1.2 update but the worst thing is the battery life. my phone stays for 2-3 hours and i need to recharge 1-2 times daily. but iam happy with that. i have brought 3-4 battery but they don't play their role. this phone is also a water proof yes i accidentally put my phone in a washing machine for 1 hour but he was still alive. now i use this phone for experimental purpose.

Ready To Help You.

Scott Adam Gordon

Jun 12, 2014, 1:17:51 PM via Website

mobile crackers

one of my phone is note 1, which have an 4.1.2 update but the worst thing is the battery life. my phone stays for 2-3 hours and i need to recharge 1-2 times daily. but iam happy with that. i have brought 3-4 battery but they don't play their role. this phone is also a water proof yes i accidentally put my phone in a washing machine for 1 hour but he was still alive. now i use this phone for experimental purpose.

Haha wow it survived the washing machine?? I need to start a thread about smartphone wins!

Deactivated Account

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Jun 12, 2014, 1:27:14 PM via Website

i have a lot to say about my smart phones .. open up the threads :D

Ready To Help You.

Dinesh Prasanth
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 12, 2014, 4:49:26 PM via Website

My touch screen just doesn't work suddenly! I was wondering what would have caused such a problem. I then realized whenever I placed my mobile in my Jean, it got pressure. Finally parts of my touch screen are out!

That's the worst thing and I hate it now coz I can't even type with correct spelling :(

Scott Adam Gordon

Jun 12, 2014, 5:00:51 PM via Website

Dinesh Prasanth

My touch screen just doesn't work suddenly! I was wondering what would have caused such a problem. I then realized whenever I placed my mobile in my Jean, it got pressure. Finally parts of my touch screen are out!

That's the worst thing and I hate it now coz I can't even type with correct spelling :(

Haha yup, screen responsiveness is something that just got worse and worse with my S2. It barely registers when I try to unlock it.

Robert Boucher
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 12, 2014, 5:17:50 PM via Website

My first Android phone was a LG Spirit ms870 and it developed a taste for SD cards. Totally clobbered them. Helped justify new HTC One M8 which I totally love er like a really lot.

Scott Adam Gordon

Jun 12, 2014, 6:03:44 PM via Website

Robert Boucher

it developed a taste for SD cards.

Ha nice!

liljom
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 18, 2014, 6:35:36 AM via Website

When I bought my Note 2 I decided to not have case or screen protection, because it's already big itself, and it had Gorilla Glass 2.
On the 10th day from standing landscape it fell onto it's front (so the weightpoint fell like 4cm) and it cracked the screen. Such a disappointment.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Jun 18, 2014, 9:34:48 AM via Website

I've (luckily) never had a huge disappointment, but the Xperia Arc was a let-down. As an X10 owner this was supposed to take the best parts of it (design, build quality, Sony Ericsson audio/visual development) and add technical specs to make it a class leader. It was one of the best looking smartphones, but it was fragile, a generation behind spec-wise compared to the Galaxy S2, and Sony Ericsson were at that time really slow with updates.

Sinkster

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jun 18, 2014, 2:42:11 PM via Website

For me it's always battery life and camera (but I've had both the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5, so...)

But even with all the flagships models I use daily at work, I'm never fully impressed by any of the cameras, although the Galaxy S5 probably comes the closest in terms of results and the G3 for simplicity/clean app interface. I just feel like the ''perfect'' Android camera is yet to appear.

And while the S5's UPSM and general battery optimizations (not to mention those on the G2 and G3) are impressive, I still think battery life tends to be the biggest issue/letdown for every Android owner.

Oh, and I should also add crappy updates to the list! That's always a massive disappointment!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Mithilesh Supkar
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 18, 2014, 10:19:52 PM via Website

For me, the simple thing that the Galaxy S5 doesn't have FM. I am spending all my data on listening to songs.