what do you think of this type of first person controller for a mobile device?

• Replies:5
Keenz Productions
  • Forum posts: 4

Jun 18, 2014, 11:55:30 PM via Website

from my university project. what do you think?

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jun 19, 2014, 9:44:28 AM via Website

Keenz Productions

Looks nice! Looks responsive. What exactly is the project?

— modified on Jun 19, 2014, 10:21:29 AM

Keenz Productions

Jun 19, 2014, 11:26:07 AM via Website

Scott Adam Gordon

Keenz Productions

Looks nice! Looks responsive. What exactly is the project?

It's a project I currently do at my university. It is a 2 vs 2 cooperative network game. Two thieves, two guards. The guards use that first person view, you see in the video and have to catch the thief (one of them also uses the first person view). The thief has to steal some valuable objects (I.e. paintings) from the building and escape. The other thief has a top down overview of the building and can assist the player by tagging positions, placing objects to block the guards, open doors etc.

Scott Adam Gordon

Jun 19, 2014, 6:23:31 PM via Website

What was the inspiration? First person controls on tablets frustrating?

I think there was a 2v2 spies vs mercenaries type thing in Splinter Cell a while ago that looked cool but I never played it.

Keenz Productions

Jun 19, 2014, 6:29:23 PM via Website

Well, I made a role a ball type of game first, with a top view. Then my teammates wanted to try first person, as it promised to be a more immersive experience for the player. I was against it at first, as my opinion was, that first person controllers only work well on PC, but coming up with that modification of ommiting the x axis to look up or down really made me change my mind.

Scott Adam Gordon

Jun 20, 2014, 9:36:45 AM via Website

Keenz Productions

Well, I made a role a ball type of game first, with a top view. Then my teammates wanted to try first person, as it promised to be a more immersive experience for the player. I was against it at first, as my opinion was, that first person controllers only work well on PC, but coming up with that modification of ommiting the x axis to look up or down really made me change my mind.

Ahhh so you have more control because your fingers can't accidentally move the view up or down! Clever.

Keep us updated on how it develops :D