Failure of Samsung Galaxy S3 Reboot.. Please help.. My phone stuck at SAMSUNG (it is just flashing there)

• Replies:54
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 31, 2015 8:27:03 PM via Website

Scott Adam Gordon

Hey Satish, the first thing we should do is make sure that the factory reset was indeed successful. I know you can't get into your phone, so try this method:

Turn the phone off
Press and hold Volume UP and Home (center) button
Press Power until the phone vibrates
Wait until you see the Android logo then release all the buttons
Use VOLUME DOWN to select wipe cache partition, and then press the Power button (right hand-side)
Use VOLUME DOWN to select Wipe data/Factory and press the Power button (right hand-side)
Select YES...delete all user data.
After format, press Power again to reboot the phone (select reboot system now).

Let me know what happens once you've tried this.

Hi Admin..

I Got a samsung galaxy s3 from my friend (its a rooted mbl), and i thought to factory reset that and reboot the system. I entered reboot phase then i feel i've deleted operating system of my device unkowingly :'( but my Factory reset was successful and immediately i started reboot(I don't know anything about that, i did as my friend said). After that it restarted and stucked. It just flashing SAMSUNG logo. Even I tried to remove battery and restart it but it is same no change. Am unable to do factory reset also again or anything else as nothing is working other than that flashing. As soon as i place my battery Samsung galaxy logo starts flashing. Unable to connect it to my laptop too. Tried installing kies even then the same issue is continuing. what to do..

I read somewhere in the forum you saying to odin. I don't see my device connecting to my laptop to perform such actions.. Can you please help me out step by step to solve this problem.

I'll be thankful to you.

Or anyone else can... please help me out.. Please Please Please

Thanks a lot in Advance..

P.S : Also tried all the steps which you mentioned. I am able to get an option after pressing these: "home+power button+ volume down" then i get a "warning screen" then by clicking volume up "android logo with downloading; do not turn off the target " is what I seen.. I got stuck here after this my device is either connecting to laptop or completing its action. help me pls.. :'(

• Forum posts: 2

Apr 26, 2015 1:20:11 PM via Website

Hi! would like to try this but I need to plug my flashing samsung s3 onto a computer and download Odin from the web and install right?
Thanks!

Apr 26, 2015 1:51:00 PM via Website

Jeremy Cabrera

Scott Adam Gordon

Hey Satish, the first thing we should do is make sure that the factory reset was indeed successful. I know you can't get into your phone, so try this method:

Turn the phone off
Use VOLUME DOWN to select wipe cache partition, and then press the Power button (right hand-side)
Use VOLUME DOWN to select Wipe data/Factory and press the Power button (right hand-side)

Scott thanks a lot man i had this same problem and if it wasn't for you i would have been in so much trouble with my family....Thanks so much

hi scott! What if it says "failed to mount/efs"? I did the whole process for a lot of times now..please i want to use my s3 again. Help! :(

May 1, 2015 11:39:28 AM via Website

Thanks Scott For The Help And U Also Made My Day And My Problem Is Solved At Last Thanks Buddy..;)

May 16, 2015 4:49:35 AM via Website

Scott Adam Gordon

Turn the phone off

hey guys.
i just had several troubles with my samsung galaxy s3 sgh i747m.
i tried to wipe data/factory several times but each time i got error or failure "E: cant mount data/ invalid arguments" and it keep loading in the samsung logo.
i searched the web about 6 hours without fix until i reach your post, tried it and in less than 5 min got my phone to work.
i appreciate your help a lot. thanks.

ps. sorry for my english, im from spain...

May 16, 2015 5:09:06 PM via Website

Dear sir i am Syan from India i have my samsung galaxy mini today i was reset factory after that my phone not start only just showing samsung logo then according of your explain i same as it is i doing press volume up button and hold center button and hold power button then andriod logo came then i leave all button then from volume down button i wipe down and done cash then i down key and click on yes delete all data but after that i press again power buton but my phone not start please just guide me more how can set my phone please guide me i will really very thankful to you thanks

May 19, 2015 3:18:51 AM via Website

Hi. My reset comes up with E:failure to mount /efs (invalid argument). Is my handest fixable please

May 28, 2015 9:39:20 PM via Website

Hi Scott,

would you help me plaese!!!!!!!!???????

I have a the same problem with my S3 and i deed :
Turn the phone off
After format, press Power again to reboot the phone (select reboot system now and in the end withuit any result en it is staying every 2 second stuck.

sorry of my english and thanks.:)

Jun 11, 2015 9:06:16 PM via Website

Hello Scott.. the exact same thing happened to my galaxy s3. I did as you instructed and I wiped the cache and then the data, but when I try the recovery it just goes back to the flashing logo. Hopefully you´ll have another advice?

Jun 24, 2015 12:55:36 AM via Website

Hey blaqchyna my Samsung galaxy s3 is doing the same thing may I ask what you did to get it working?

Jun 24, 2015 12:57:10 AM via Website

BlaqChyna

Scott:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! Did I say thank you? I was going stark raving mad trying to get my SG3 to work after performing a factory reset. I didn't want to do it anyway, but I was desperate. Imagine my level of anxiety when it wouldn't move past the T-Mobile logo. You MY MAN have saved the day!!!! ummm did I say THANK YOU???!!!!

May I ask what you did to get your phone to work ? Mine is also stuck on the t mobile logo

Aug 28, 2015 11:12:16 AM via Website

thank you same issue here was down to the point of trying to figure out how i was going to afford a new phone tomorrow... lol was hunting craigslist for used Samsung .. this worked for me i was doing a hard reset because i had not done one in over a year and my phone was acting up and not working properly and it bricked on me till i read your instructions it would not reboot after the hard reset.. so THANK YOU tons

Aug 28, 2015 8:42:27 PM via Website

I had the same problems. I tried what you said. It just gives a little vibrate nudge & then nothing. Dead

• Forum posts: 3

Sep 3, 2015 11:29:05 AM via Website

Phone is not working after factory reset

Hi scott
I am still having the problem after factory reset. My phone is "Qmobile Noir i5" (android) , whenever i turn on my phone it freezes on noir logo , its not booting up.... even after several times I've done wipe cache n wipe data/factory reset.. The procedure , step by step, u told to miss.Satish, i did also try that .. but it didn't make any difference. .
Please help me im so worried :(

Sep 19, 2015 10:13:23 PM via Website

Hi, just wondering if you can help with my phone. I've read how to do the reboot of it but my phones still not working and still just keeps flashing the samsung sign.

Nov 1, 2015 8:51:17 PM via Website

Hi scot, but my phone can't enter recovery mode. pls help me. I have same problem.

Nov 21, 2015 5:07:09 PM via Website

Hello,

I'm having nearly the identical issue that you helped this person with, only the solution does not work for me.

Here's the situation:

This morning I tried to Factory Reset my old S3 in order to give it to a friend. In the middle of the reset it got stuck in a Boot Loop.

With the phone off, when I follow your instruction to "Press and hold Volume UP and Home (center) button" nothing happens. When I hold Volume Up, Home and Power simultaneously it only restarts the phone. Even before the reset holding those 3 simultaneously did nothing. I had to go in to settings and manually trigger the factory reset.

I've taken out the battery & the SIM card over and over as I try to address all of this but nothing works.

If you have any suggestions for further approaches I'd be very appreciative. Thanks for your time.

Dec 5, 2015 4:42:35 PM via Website

Hi Scott

I did this that you wrote but after I select reboot system now it says''mistake'' and then ''samsung galaxy s3 gt-i9300'' apears on the screen. I've tried this several times but it doesent work. Can you help me with that?

Sorry for bad english im from Europe :P

Jan 15, 2016 8:49:30 PM via Website

if you guys did the reset as stated and goes back to the samsung logo again just press volume up and home button should bring you back to screen with your phone to start with location date etc. solved..