Samsung Galaxy S3 — Samsung galaxy 3 kitkat update- missing emoji and can't access play store.

• Replies:9
m rome
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 24, 2014, 9:29:55 AM via Website

Hello all!

I have a Samsung galaxy 3 recently updated from jelly bean to kit Kat 4.4.2. Third page of symbols on Samsung keyboard gone when messaging and can't open Google play store ( busy spinning circle icon). Currently on virgin mobile network. How do I rectify this?

Thanks in advance!
~m

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jun 24, 2014, 10:07:32 AM via Website

m rome

Hello all!

I have a Samsung galaxy 3 recently updated from jelly bean to kit Kat 4.4.2. Third page of symbols on Samsung keyboard gone when messaging and can't open Google play store ( busy spinning circle icon). Currently on virgin mobile network. How do I rectify this?

Thanks in advance!
~m

Hi M Rome, sounds like a strange problem, try this first:

Turn the phone off
Press and hold Volume UP and Home (center) button
Press Power until the phone vibrates
Wait until you see the Android logo then release all the buttons
Select Wipe cache partition with VOLUME DOWN, press Power (right hand-side)
Select Yes- Wipe Cache with VOLUME DOWN and press Power
Press power to select reboot system now to restart your phone.

Let me know how this goes, one of the other Mods might have more suggestions :D

D'Ann Hagar
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 25, 2014, 4:33:17 AM via Website

I just discovered the same thing on my Galaxy s3.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jun 25, 2014, 7:06:57 AM via Website

Well, I have to go forward with @Scott as I don't have the idea :? :? ..... hmm try doing a factory reset I guess :O and yes, before moving forward with the factory reset make sure you backup your data !!

donalam
  • Forum posts: 19

Jun 25, 2014, 9:27:34 AM via Website

nice information... i can update my version 2.. thanks for that

D'Ann Hagar

Jun 26, 2014, 4:36:39 AM via Website

Hi, when I get to the reboot system step I get an error message.I have tried it 4 times.
My Googlestore works fine, but still missing the 3rd page of symbols. Any ideas?

Lurker

Jul 2, 2014, 6:09:48 AM via Website

Hi,
Emojis are now expanded, and are relocated to the microphone symbol on the "qwerty" keyboard. Simply longpress the microphone symbol, and you will get a block of the following symbols: microphone, stylus, clipboard, settings, emoji face, keyboard-for voice input, stylus input, copy to clipboard, settings menu, emojis, and switching keyboard between normal and floating. When you press the emoji symbol, you'll be blown away by the greatly improved selection of real emojis and an assortment of symbols/icons. You will see ABC, SYM, 5 symbols dedicated to emojis/symbols/icons-with each page scrollable for a large selection, and a backspace symbol last. ABC and SYM simply returns you to the normal keyboard input. Hope this clarifies the issue for you, and have a blast! I apologise, but can't help you with the Play Store issue 😭
Blessings!

Roger Manley

D'Ann Hagar

Jul 2, 2014, 1:12:18 PM via Website

Thank you! I'm glad that I held off with the factory reset!😅😕😉

Roger Manley

Aug 8, 2014, 4:48:40 AM via Website

Lurker, Thanks for the info. That worked. Too bad they think that is easier to use that way. Yet another "improvement" that makes things harder to use.