Whatsapp messenger issue

• Replies:3
nelly pa
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 21, 2014, 4:12:26 PM via Website

Hi, i lost my phone abroad (was pickpocketed). anyway i've put my new sim into a backup phone (htc desire s), and when i go to google playstore to download whatsapp, a message appears: 'Your device isnt compatiable with this device'

what is annoying is that i used to have whatsapp installed a few years back on this phone !

any help ?

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jul 22, 2014, 1:02:00 PM via Website

I actually think my father encountered this problem too. I think WhatsApp's minimum system requirements have changed in the last few years so that it's no longer supported on the Desire S :(

Make sure you have the latest version of Android installed on your handset. If you do, and you still can't download it, then I'm sorry but that's just the way it is :'(

You should still be able to use other messaging apps though. Try Viber or Tango or Facebook Messenger or something.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jul 23, 2014, 8:06:52 AM via Website

Well, try writing an email to the WhatsApp support at "support@whatsapp.com" mentioning your device specs etc. they will respond back to you with the appropriate .apk file. Some of my friends are encountering the same issue with there Galaxy Ace. So, what they did is they write and email to the support and WhatsApp support has responded with the .apk file, they installed it over their device all done WhatsApp again started working back to normal. :) I'll suggest you doing the same :D I am sure it will works out for you !

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jul 23, 2014, 3:25:38 PM via Website

John F.

Well, try writing an email to the WhatsApp support at "support@whatsapp.com" mentioning your device specs etc. they will respond back to you with the appropriate .apk file. Some of my friends are encountering the same issue with there Galaxy Ace. So, what they did is they write and email to the support and WhatsApp support has responded with the .apk file, they installed it over their device all done WhatsApp again started working back to normal. :) I'll suggest you doing the same :D I am sure it will works out for you !

Way to go John! :D