- Forum posts: 2
Aug 10, 2014, 9:44:09 AM via Website
Aug 10, 2014 9:44:09 AM via Website
It's was very hard and almost impossible if you don't have at least a small marketing budget. I am making this thread to help developers learn.
I want to stress that all my marketing was free. I didn't use paid advertisement.
Deciding what I am going to make
1) I decided to make a platform game that had very simple controls, anyone can understand how to play it without instructions.
2) I decided to use some cartoon images that, almost all I made myself. There is no some "Complicated graphics".
3) I made the game easy enough so that a gamer can play it without instructions.
1) After I finished the game I didn't release it to the google play store , that would equal a fail. I opened a small community in Google+ and collected some people that want to hear when I release the game to production.
2) I posted on facebook groups screenshots about my game that going to be published. I did it in 5-6 groups and I spend on it 3 days.
3) I went to some games forums and also a create a post and trying to make people waiting for this game to be published.
1) Launched my app on Google Play , posted on facebook and on Google+ that its finally arrived. And here comes the numbers:
After one week my app got more than 10,000 installs!
And now my game has 46,000 downloads at Google Play!
And I am still fighting to get more downloads. Hopefully I can reach higher but for last couple of days the downloads just decreasing Any questions ask away.
Game Link (Or just search for "Greg Adventures" in Google Play):
Check for this site for getting my game: [htt://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.platform.game]
Join my community in Google+ at the link:
Please tell me if this thread help you
— modified on Aug 10, 2014, 8:58:02 PM