Anti-Virus Apps

• Replies:46
  • OpenStickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 10, 2014 8:37:04 PM via Website

I have a simple question. Can you run more than one anti-virus app on an android phone? I currently use AVAST but wondered if I could have another such as AVG or Lookout? I know on a computer you cannot have more than one but wondered if the same applies to android cell phones or not. Thanks for any responses. JD

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,147

Aug 11, 2014 6:35:59 AM via Website

Well, @Joseph I don't encounter using two antivirus application over my device, I was using 360 and avast at the same time for days but couldn't get any major problem, but as people says you should use only one anti virus. So I remove I tried thinking about what would be the problem but I am still awaiting a proper answer over it. Let us just wait a while to see if some other members have something.... :?

• Forum posts: 150

Aug 26, 2014 4:22:54 PM via Website

I think we should use only one antivirus app on an android phone. But you should chose the best app for your phone. I use AVAST and feel it ok. How about you? What ur best antivirus?

• Forum posts: 88

Aug 27, 2014 9:01:49 AM via Website

creative life

I think we should use only one antivirus app on an android phone. But you should chose the best app for your phone. I use AVAST and feel it ok. How about you? What ur best antivirus?

That is depend upon thinking of people some people thinks that we have to use two or more antivirus for protecting our device, and some people like me used only one antivirus and sure about the securities. i generally using 360 Security it is really a good app and it is also totally free with the ad supports.

• Forum posts: 1

Aug 27, 2014 6:30:41 PM via Website

Android don't have viruses

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 45

Aug 29, 2014 10:32:08 AM via Website

Yozh Studio

Android don't have viruses

Really!? I don't think so. Today android is popular, many hacker develop app to stole your password or your bank info...
You should have an antivirus app to make your phone secured.

• Forum posts: 12

Sep 6, 2014 7:25:00 AM via Website

Android doesn't have virus, it only has malware. Only 1 app scanner is usually enough.

• Forum posts: 2

Sep 6, 2014 10:50:03 AM via App

Joseph Damien

I have a simple question. Can you run more than one anti-virus app on an android phone? I currently use AVAST but wondered if I could have another such as AVG or Lookout? I know on a computer you cannot have more than one but wondered if the same applies to android cell phones or not. Thanks for any responses. JD

you can . But it is not needed . In the pc you can put more than one , but it will be fucked up . It will go too Slow :)

• Forum posts: 16

Sep 13, 2014 12:37:33 AM via Website

install free avast but it's eating your battery so bad

• Forum posts: 167

Dec 9, 2014 8:44:54 AM via Website

A known issue with running 2 AVs is that they'll consider each other as a potential virus.
This has to do with the behavior of these programs. They scan directories, perform root-operations (if you have installed the AV on a rooted device), and so on.
This is true on any system, not only mobile devices.

TotalSystemCare - Software to Care for your PC

• Forum posts: 15

Mar 2, 2015 8:39:07 AM via Website

I have never used any Anti Virus App, Can you please recommend any for me?

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,147

Mar 2, 2015 9:17:29 AM via Website

Well, Fatima there are number of decent antivirus app to choose from over the Google PlayStore and almost all of them works great at all ! But if you ask me then I am using 360 Antivirus over device, you can try using that it's a decent app that gives you access to RAM cleaner and it will also clear the temporary files stored over the device. So can try checking it out, there are also other Anti Virus apps like Avast, AVG, BitDefender etc available to choose from, I have got a better idea try looking at the post Best Antivirus Apps for Android and see if that helps you in making your choice. :)

• Forum posts: 15

Mar 3, 2015 10:27:57 AM via Website

Thanks Lait!

• Forum posts: 5

May 6, 2015 8:21:39 AM via Website

i think you should only install one anti virus app on your phone, remember android phone always have a limitations, installing more than one antivirus tends to slow down the accessibility of your phone. like in most PC it is best advice to install only one antivirus.

• Forum posts: 227

May 15, 2015 5:12:17 AM via Website

Jaz Martin

i think you should only install one anti virus app on your phone, remember android phone always have a limitations, installing more than one antivirus tends to slow down the accessibility of your phone. like in most PC it is best advice to install only one antivirus.

Yes, you are right. As for me, I have not any antivirus app installed on my mobile phone.

• Forum posts: 2

May 20, 2015 4:16:50 PM via Website

You may use two, but for better functioning of your device it is advisable to use one that will serve you best. I use 360

• Forum posts: 23

Jul 10, 2015 4:35:00 AM via Website

I also would like to see more anti-virus app on android phone!

• Forum posts: 746

Jul 10, 2015 1:40:15 PM via Website

If you only use Google Play then you shouldn't need an antivirus; Google do a pretty good job now ensuring apps are secure, if you use other appstores (Amazon, Samsung, etc) then it's probably a good idea to get a malware scanner. If you install warez (cracked or pirated apps) then an antivirus would be essential; paid apps for free aren't pirated out of good will, they are modified and coded by people looking to gain something. They will more than likely contain some coding that can or will be used for... well, use your imagination...
It's always been the same with Android; generally, antivirus software is not needed unless you willingly put your phone at risk.

— modified on Jul 10, 2015 1:41:25 PM

Sinkster

• Forum posts: 6

Sep 2, 2015 3:53:36 PM via Website

I'm didnt use AV on my device... But dr.Web is not bad