NX505J Nubia Z7 MAX: root, CWM recovery and CM11 ROM tutorial

• Replies:190
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 28, 2014 8:36:52 AM via Website

Also only one sim will play a ringtone. The other sim will ring but is silent. Any fix available? Thank you

• Forum posts: 4

Oct 28, 2014 9:42:51 AM via Website

Had the same problem when coming from edition II to III. I downloaded and apply dual SIM ring tone app and rebooted a few times and it works 100% now;)
P/s....set the 2nd SIM to vibrate and ring

• Forum posts: 1

Oct 28, 2014 1:03:33 PM via Website

Sorry for my English. Enter the phone icon, the 3 dots in the lower right setting, multi sim setting, SIM 1 or SIM 2, phone ringtone and so does the second ring. Ciao

• Forum posts: 8

Oct 28, 2014 2:39:59 PM via Website

Hello. I got my Z7 max yesterday and would like to change cm11, however the rom that came installed (NX505J_CNCommon_V9.38) do not allow me root access. To make the installation as first post I really need to have root access? I wonder what I should do, is there any other way? Thanks in advance.

Oct 29, 2014 2:05:16 PM via Website

Kis Maike Carvalho

Hello. I got my Z7 max yesterday and would like to change cm11, however the rom that came installed (NX505J_CNCommon_V9.38) do not allow me root access. To make the installation as first post I really need to have root access? I wonder what I should do, is there any other way? Thanks in advance.

Hello, I had the same problem.
To root , I decided to install official 1.41 version from nubia site (nubia.cn) (use Google to translate).
1 - Download "update.zip file" (about 700 Mo) and verify MD5
2 - Copy verified "update.zip" to your phone SD (need first to install ZTE driver )
3 - Make Backups ... Contacts, SMS , etc ..
4 - update from 1.38 ( menu parameters, "more " "update", "update from SD" if I remember well)
5 - after Reboot you will have 1.41 installed (only Chinese or English language) . You could stay in 1.41 ,but for me google apps had problems ... and this version now could be rooted
6 - Now make installation as first post (make Backup when CWM recovery installed)

Oct 29, 2014 2:17:18 PM via Website

Thank you. I will try to use this method, then post the result.

Oct 29, 2014 4:24:21 PM via Website

Jean-Pierre DROUARD

Kis Maike Carvalho

Hello, I had the same problem.
To root , I decided to install official 1.41 version from nubia site (nubia.cn) (use Google to translate).
1 - Download "update.zip file" (about 700 Mo) and verify MD5
2 - Copy verified "update.zip" to your phone SD (need first to install ZTE driver )
3 - Make Backups ... Contacts, SMS , etc ..
4 - update from 1.38 ( menu parameters, "more " "update", "update from SD" if I remember well)
5 - after Reboot you will have 1.41 installed (only Chinese or English language) . You could stay in 1.41 ,but for me google apps had problems ... and this version now could be rooted
6 - Now make installation as first post (make Backup when CWM recovery installed)

Can you explain to me why I should check MD5 excuse is that I'm newbie with changing ROM. Thank you.

Oct 29, 2014 9:03:58 PM via Website

Hi everyone,
I use CM11 for a couple of days and really appreciate it. However, I have a bad issue: I can't move apps to my SD card. More precisely, if I reboot the phone, every application looks as not installed. Don't know what to do. Any clue?

Oct 29, 2014 11:45:06 PM via Website

Hi mate,
Basically, I was wondering if you could do a Video of how you do the steps post rooting.
I have rooted the phone (i think). I have Super SU installed, but when I attempted the subsequent steps, I got very confused.

I am happy to do a skype call.... or you can do a video that would be amazing.
I am asking because I really do not want to make mistakes and damage this phone...

Please get back, really need to sort this phone out ASAP.

Thanks man. :)

Oct 30, 2014 5:36:59 AM via Website

Hi Valence little,

Thanks for your answer.
Instead of making a movie, I hope the following screenshots will help.
1. The application is installed ("Caller locator" in this example

1. and 3. The application is moved from phone to sdcard (0? 1?) using the integrated application manager

1. The phone is rebooted

2. The application has to be installed once again

3. To be more precise, the last screenshot is the "About" sceen of my NX505J phone

Do I have to change a parameter so this won't happen again?

Thanks for help.

— modified on Oct 30, 2014 10:40:55 AM

Oct 30, 2014 12:34:13 PM via Website

Jean-Pierre DROUARD

MD5: 9408C7D6C5CFBDD2FCB5F8A2DFE62C7E Password: phhl

Thank you. Now I can enjoy the CM 11.

Oct 30, 2014 7:51:55 PM via Website

Hi mate,
sorry about I have no clue.... I posted because I need help with the rooting, CMW, google apps etc!
In fact if you have successfully rooted yours, care to help?

CALLING ANYONE WHO HAS SUCCESSFULLY rooted, upgraded ROM and got google apps on their Z7 MAX, please HELP me!! I am happy to have a Skype call, screenshots of the steps etc. Thanks

Nov 1, 2014 8:30:26 PM via Website

Download this file: mega.co.nz/#!qpES0SII!h2BrLAc2k2-IMRayTRFU_F3V8iwJSt5f_OhhMjI1qlE

You need drivers on your computer.

Put your phone to fastboot mode. Switch off your mobile, wait until vibration. Push Vol down + Power, wait until vibration. Push to PC, run Nubia_Z7_Max_Multi\Tź¬¸Tó¬˙NX505J.bat

Wait until reboot! That is it!

Nov 2, 2014 2:44:14 AM via Website

Lazsosz Lazsosz

Download this file: mega.co.nz/#!qpES0SII!h2BrLAc2k2-IMRayTRFU_F3V8iwJSt5f_OhhMjI1qlE

You need drivers on your computer.

Put your phone to fastboot mode. Switch off your mobile, wait until vibration. Push Vol down + Power, wait until vibration. Push to PC, run Nubia_Z7_Max_Multi\Tź¬¸Tó¬˙NX505J.bat

Wait until reboot! That is it!

I think now my phone is just a paper weight. I can not get into fastboot mode, also not connecting. I am unsure what to do.

• Forum posts: 1

Nov 3, 2014 8:02:25 AM via Website

Pls help.i have nubia z7 max international stoc rom.My sim 2 work but sim 1not..when I put the card detects but does not want to be connected to the network.I try to install many different sw but nothing...Thanks

• Forum posts: 11

Nov 3, 2014 5:29:54 PM via Website

Hi All,

I find a bug on Edition III, I think it's an issue with UMS process. When I plug my phone by using USB with UMS selected, I can see the SD card (F: / accessible) but not the external sd card (G: / not accessible).. when I disconnected the usb cable, the external SD can't mount automaticly I have to reboot the phone or remove the ext sdcard it plug it.

The second question is, is it possible to have the callbar verticaly by slide or button?

Thanks in advance for you help

Nov 3, 2014 7:43:45 PM via Website

Lazsosz Lazsosz

Use google translate!

Read this tutorial for brick Nubia Z7 max.

bbs.nubia.cn/thread-314106-1-1.html

I'll try as soon as I get home. More'm already very happy, for giving me hope. thank you, friend.