NX505J Nubia Z7 MAX: root, CWM recovery and CM11 ROM tutorial

• Replies:190
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 12, 2014 4:16:27 PM via Website

Hi there,

I have followed all the step to root my nubia z7.

Everything fine but one problem, my gallery could not load all the pic. Just show black box with it, anyone got a same problem with me?

Oct 12, 2014 5:49:42 PM via Website

Hi, first of all
Thanks for the rooting tips and cm11 roms
I'd like to know if anyone managed to install xposed tweaks on the stock nubia rom?
I know it probably works well with cm11 but I kinda like the stock rom.

• Forum posts: 4

Oct 13, 2014 3:52:53 PM via Website

Hi! Is it a must to use an empty SD card? I don't have one, is it ok to use a semi full one?

• Forum posts: 70

Oct 14, 2014 12:13:56 PM via Website

Phil Moi

Updated !!!
It's all right

Just one question,
How can I recover datas (SMS, Apps....) I backed up before updating?

If you backed the phone up using the cwm recovery backup options you really can't recover anything unless you reflash the backup through cwm recovery. But that will roll you back the the previous version of the ROM you had when you made the backup.

Oct 14, 2014 12:15:45 PM via Website

Cie Jen Wong

Hi! Is it a must to use an empty SD card? I don't have one, is it ok to use a semi full one?

No idea. You could try at your own risk and tell us how it goes.

Oct 14, 2014 6:51:55 PM via Website

Hi! So I'm getting my phone tomorrow, and I'm still a bit confused. I looked at other threads on xda developers, and it did not mention anything about using CM11. Is it a must to use CM11?

Oct 14, 2014 7:31:19 PM via Website

Cie Jen Wong

Hi! So I'm getting my phone tomorrow, and I'm still a bit confused. I looked at other threads on xda developers, and it did not mention anything about using CM11. Is it a must to use CM11?>

No it is not! However I highly reccomend it. The performance is great, it is fully in English and it gives you many more customization options and control over your phone.
I would never go back the the stock ROM.

— modified on Oct 14, 2014 7:32:22 PM

Oct 15, 2014 6:22:01 AM via Website

Oh I see! In that case I shall attempt to install CM11 on my new phone later today! Fingers crossed that it'll work

• Forum posts: 11

Oct 15, 2014 9:32:34 AM via Website

I've updated to v1.41 and I must say I love the stock rom and won't be trying CM11. Not soon anyway. I don't really understand how people can say the stock rom is shit. I think it's one of the best UI's I've seen so far.

Everything on it works perfectly.

• Forum posts: 11

Oct 15, 2014 9:39:32 AM via Website

There is one thing that I do need help with, if anyone here knows. With the launcher on stock rom 1.29, the home screen used to rotate, but with the latest update, 1.41, this feature has been removed. No more rotating home screen!!

How easy is it to replace the launcher with the old version? I've downloaded the old rom and can take the launcher from that.

I've read you can push it via adb, but I since I'm new to Android, I don't have a clue how to do that.

Oct 15, 2014 11:49:42 AM via Website

Hi, I just got my phone. Rooted it already, but is unable to enter CWM. When I try to run flashcwm, it keeps on showing waiting for your device to be properly connected. I had already repeatedly installed the drivers and restarted the computer. Please help.

Oct 15, 2014 12:10:30 PM via Website

Hi!

Thanks for the guide, I'll try it later. Currently I'm on international stock rom v1.29, it's not bad, but not fully translated.

Senapus Petit

I am now uploading this third edition of the ROM.
The new ROM has many bug fixes and uses a new kernel.
Infrared works and the ROM comes with stock Nubia infrared app.

Is everything working well now in third edition?

[[cite gneoh]]
Thanx for the guide for flashing this CM11 rom....everything is sweet and smooth except the bug of loosing the record(indication) of incoming calls from whether SIM 1/2 which is inconvenience........wonder if the new update has this fixed?

Is this problem fixed in third edition?
Is "breath light" working in CM11? I mean, does it show missed calls or messages?

Oct 15, 2014 6:21:43 PM via Website

Antitalentum

Hi!

Thanks for the guide, I'll try it later. Currently I'm on international stock rom v1.29, it's not bad, but not fully translated.

Senapus Petit

I am now uploading this third edition of the ROM.
The new ROM has many bug fixes and uses a new kernel.
Infrared works and the ROM comes with stock Nubia infrared app.

Is everything working well now in third edition?

Yes it seems everything is working well.

There are few minor bugs in cyanogenmod lockscreen features: can't set bold hours/minutes/date
The notification led does not pulse, just turns on. It works but not like the stock ROM.

So far ZTE has not released the official kernel to developers (and they refused to release it) so an unofficial kernel is being built, with the next releases the pulse light notification might be reworked. But it also might not be since it works as it is.

Antitalentum

gneoh

Thanx for the guide for flashing this CM11 rom....everything is sweet and smooth except the bug of loosing the record(indication) of incoming calls from whether SIM 1/2 which is inconvenience........wonder if the new update has this fixed?

Is this problem fixed in third edition?

I could not replicate this problem on my device.

Antitalentum

Is "breath light" working in CM11? I mean, does it show missed calls or messages?

It shows the notifications but the light does not pulse on and off, it just lights up when there is a notification. This feature is being worked on by the guys who are coding the kernel.

— modified on Oct 15, 2014 6:37:12 PM

Oct 15, 2014 6:24:18 PM via Website

Cie Jen Wong

Hi, I just got my phone. Rooted it already, but is unable to enter CWM. When I try to run flashcwm, it keeps on showing waiting for your device to be properly connected. I had already repeatedly installed the drivers and restarted the computer. Please help.

Try until you get a root access request by supersu on your phone. Then give it root access and it'll flash CWM.
Some phones come with "broken", badly flashed software and have this kind of behavior. Do not worry, trying until it finally works will not brick the device.

Oct 15, 2014 6:24:24 PM via Website

Biggenz

I've updated to v1.41 and I must say I love the stock rom and won't be trying CM11. Not soon anyway. I don't really understand how people can say the stock rom is shit. I think it's one of the best UI's I've seen so far.

Everything on it works perfectly.

This is off-topic.

Biggenz

There is one thing that I do need help with, if anyone here knows. With the launcher on stock rom 1.29, the home screen used to rotate, but with the latest update, 1.41, this feature has been removed. No more rotating home screen!!

How easy is it to replace the launcher with the old version? I've downloaded the old rom and can take the launcher from that.

I've read you can push it via adb, but I since I'm new to Android, I don't have a clue how to do that.

Didn't you just say you love stock 1.41 ROM?

I'm sorry, I can not help you with that.
Your request is off-topic, this thread is about root, cwm recovery and cyanogenmod.
But even so, I do not have experience with the stock ROM.

AFAIK replacing the launcher of one version with the launcher of another is not possible. Download a third party launcher.

— modified on Oct 15, 2014 6:30:59 PM

Oct 19, 2014 10:05:24 AM via Website

Status 7 Error with CWM when flashing III Edition zip.
Trying to download again and same issue...

Oct 19, 2014 11:39:05 AM via Website

Barikad

Status 7 Error means you're trying to flash a ROM for a specific phone to another non compatible phone.
Are you sure you're trying to flash a NX505J?

This error may also appear if you're trying to flash a ROM with an outdated recovery.
Please make sure you're using the CWM recovery I provide in the download link.

Oct 19, 2014 3:40:43 PM via Website

Senapus Petit

Barikad

Status 7 Error means you're trying to flash a ROM for a specific phone to another non compatible phone.
Are you sure you're trying to flash a NX505J?

This error may also appear if you're trying to flash a ROM with an outdated recovery.
Please make sure you're using the CWM recovery I provide in the download link.

Good devices but another versions of CWM.
Will try...
Thanks

• Forum posts: 3

Oct 19, 2014 11:11:57 PM via Website

Does towel root work on the new update?

Oct 19, 2014 11:32:26 PM via Website

Hi,
I really need help with the whole rooting --> CWM--> flash ROMS--> google store.
Please contact me via inbox!!!?

Thanks in advance, Valence