How can I increase my Internet speed on an unrooted phone?

• Replies:3
Mehul Pandita
  • Forum posts: 31

Aug 1, 2015, 8:38:38 AM via App

I have searched Internet and used many Boost apps but they didn't work. Suggest me an app or something to increase the download speed for free. This option must be available in India.

— modified on Aug 5, 2015, 7:07:30 AM

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Aug 4, 2015, 4:11:07 PM via Website

Like you say, there are a few apps that claim to increase your internet speed, but they tend to be placebos at best. There are also download accelerators that use your mobile data and WiFi simultaneously to increase individual file download speed but they won't affect your overall internet speed. There's no guarantee way to improve it, but if your phone's rooted and has decent developer support you can try a custom kernel and use a different TCP algorithm (Westwood is the best, generally). Basically it schedules your data packet downloads so your bandwidth is used effectively.

— modified on Aug 4, 2015, 4:11:42 PM

Sinkster

ricky martin
  • Forum posts: 166

Aug 27, 2015, 7:42:19 AM via Website

These are some useful tricks to increase your internet speed on your phone.
1. Clear the cache of your Android phone
2. Uninstall the useless apps from your mobile
3. Enable maximum loading data option
4. Choose preferred network connection to 3G
5. Enable text mode in your browser
6. Select a fast web browser for your Android phone

TotalSystemCare - Software to Care for your PC

Junaid Q.
  • Forum posts: 76

Aug 27, 2015, 8:21:01 AM via App

Upgrade to 3G/4G network ..!
none of the internet speed tricks will work in non-rooted phone and even in rooted phones
Mobile telecom companies/carrier restrict bandwith to limit ur internet speed and force us to upgrade to higher bandwidth and pay more for it. In India 2G network gives u 20 kbps speed (kilobits) which means 6.82 min for 1 MB of data taht really sucks😠