Whatsapp Broadcast - Clearing/Deleting messages

• Replies:3
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 12, 2015 1:34:56 PM via Website

I would be greatful if you can advise me on the below

I have installed whatsapp on my lenovo tablet and I broadcast to 3 broadcast list which has 200 users each. I usually send 3-4 messages daily to each of the broadcast list.

So, overtime I see that whatsapp stores the messages individually against each of the users (3 * 200 = 600 users * 4 messages daily).

So, this is taking up the memory that is used by whatsapp and during each broadcast it comes up with a message saying "Whatsapp is not responding - Do you want to report, close it".

So, I tried clearing all the messages across all individuals by using both "Delete all chats" and "Clear all chats" from chat settings. But both options do not clearup the entire list of messages across alll individuals that was broadcasted since the start.

Is there anyway to clear all the broadcast messages to the individuals without going to each individual contact and manually clearing them?

Thank You

• Forum posts: 644

Dec 6, 2015 12:32:48 PM via Website

To delete or clear your entire chat history

Go to WhatsApp > Menu Button > Settings > Chats and calls.
Scroll to the bottom and tap Delete all chats or Clear all chats.
Delete all chats will delete all conversations and all messages inside of them. You will still be in your groups and they will be visible on your Chats list.
Clear all chats will delete all messages but leave the conversations in the Chats list.

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

Aug 5, 2016 12:37:25 PM via Website

1. Start WhatsApp on your iPhone and then open the chat containing the message to delete.
  2. Then scroll the text up to the top of the conversation and select edit.
  3. Tap on messages that you want to delete permanently (a check mark will appear).
  4. Finally, just press the trash icon at the bottom of the screen.
  5. To remove the entire chat (individual or group) you must go to the Chat section.
  6. Swipe from right to left on the conversation that you wish to delete and select “Delete.”
  7. To delete all history in Whatsapp, You have to go to “Settings”, and then scroll to the bottom of the page until you find “Clear all conversations”. Tap it to delete all your Whatsapp chat history.

Source: [nexttotry.com/permanently-delete-whatsapp-messages-android-iphone/]

Sep 8, 2016 11:03:43 AM via Website

I got the same problem: trying to clear chats of broadcasts; whatsapp size is 600mb (as seen in Settings - Applications) then when trying to clear all chats size increases to 2.5GB then gets stuck; i dont want to reinstall my whatsapp every time as some of the broadcasts lists will be lost or titles deleted when reinstalling (broadcasts lists are stored in the whatsapp server). Any idea?