Whatsapp Broadcast - Clearing/Deleting messages

• Replies:16
  • Closed
Ram
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 12, 2015, 1:34:56 PM via Website

Hi,
I would be greatful if you can advise me on the below

I have installed whatsapp on my lenovo tablet and I broadcast to 3 broadcast list which has 200 users each. I usually send 3-4 messages daily to each of the broadcast list.

So, overtime I see that whatsapp stores the messages individually against each of the users (3 * 200 = 600 users * 4 messages daily).

So, this is taking up the memory that is used by whatsapp and during each broadcast it comes up with a message saying "Whatsapp is not responding - Do you want to report, close it".

So, I tried clearing all the messages across all individuals by using both "Delete all chats" and "Clear all chats" from chat settings. But both options do not clearup the entire list of messages across alll individuals that was broadcasted since the start.

Is there anyway to clear all the broadcast messages to the individuals without going to each individual contact and manually clearing them?

Thank You

nilofar shaikh
  • Forum posts: 581

Dec 6, 2015, 12:32:48 PM via Website

To delete or clear your entire chat history

Go to WhatsApp > Menu Button > Settings > Chats and calls.
Scroll to the bottom and tap Delete all chats or Clear all chats.
Delete all chats will delete all conversations and all messages inside of them. You will still be in your groups and they will be visible on your Chats list.
Clear all chats will delete all messages but leave the conversations in the Chats list.

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

SamiJulie

Khaled Md. Shariar

Aug 5, 2016, 12:37:25 PM via Website

1. Start WhatsApp on your iPhone and then open the chat containing the message to delete.
  2. Then scroll the text up to the top of the conversation and select edit.
  3. Tap on messages that you want to delete permanently (a check mark will appear).
  4. Finally, just press the trash icon at the bottom of the screen.
  5. To remove the entire chat (individual or group) you must go to the Chat section.
  6. Swipe from right to left on the conversation that you wish to delete and select “Delete.”
  7. To delete all history in Whatsapp, You have to go to “Settings”, and then scroll to the bottom of the page until you find “Clear all conversations”. Tap it to delete all your Whatsapp chat history.

Source: [nexttotry.com/permanently-delete-whatsapp-messages-android-iphone/]

Greater Grace Zimbabwe

Sep 8, 2016, 11:03:43 AM via Website

I got the same problem: trying to clear chats of broadcasts; whatsapp size is 600mb (as seen in Settings - Applications) then when trying to clear all chats size increases to 2.5GB then gets stuck; i dont want to reinstall my whatsapp every time as some of the broadcasts lists will be lost or titles deleted when reinstalling (broadcasts lists are stored in the whatsapp server). Any idea?

Henry Clarkee

Feb 15, 2017, 7:43:56 AM via Website

Useful post!

Raymond Mafunga

Mar 24, 2017, 10:03:14 AM via Website

Thank you for the answer, i wanted to know what about Broadcast Lists if i delete chats will i see my broadcast list

Best Regards

Ray

martin smith
  • Forum posts: 277

Apr 12, 2017, 12:47:40 PM via Website

To delete or clearing the messages follow these steps..
1. Open WhatsApp
2. Go to settings option then select the option chats and calls
3. after that tap on delete all chats or clear all chats
4. Delete all chats will delete the all conversations and messages inside of them
5. Clear chat will clear the only messages

J.YO
  • Forum posts: 11

Apr 24, 2017, 4:06:42 AM via Website

Deleting everything ?

Damweiss
  • Forum posts: 12

Apr 26, 2017, 5:36:51 AM via Website

No use, guys , even if you deleted messages from your phone , these messages still store your phone , believe it or not . you can scan your phone by using any recovery tool for get them , unless the data has been covered with other deleted data

kaku kou
  • Forum posts: 5

Jul 27, 2017, 4:42:37 AM via Website

You can open your WhatsApp on your iPhone and then select "edit" option. Next you need to check the data that you expect to delete. At last, you should tap the trash icon at the bottom of the screen. Or you can go to “Settings > Clear all conversations” to delete all your Whatsapp chat history.

ranjitk123

Oct 25, 2017, 3:09:53 PM via Website

WhatsApp is an excellent chat app, and I’m using this app instead of iOS Message for my business and personal communication. Whenever I get a painful popup “Your iPhone Storage is Full” warning, the first thing I suspect my iPhone videos and WhatsApp memory consumption will be the one after iPhone videos, using most of my iPhone memory. Most of the WhatsApp users have a misconception that WhatsApp images and videos are saving on WhatsApp servers and not using iPhone memory. Unfortunately, WhatsApp is utilizing your iPhone memory for every chat, texts, images, videos and other files you transferred through this chat.

Let’s have a look, how to clean up WhatsApp memory on iPhone that can free up Gigabytes on your iPhone

Check iPhone Current Storage
Before you start, let’s have a look at the current usage of iPhone. Go to iPhone Settings > General> iPhone Storage > Wait for few seconds for IOS to collect the usage.

Clean WhatsApp Storage Space

Just for the sake of screenshot, I used the group ELEKTRONO from my WhatsApp Storage Usage Screen. Tap on this Screen > Open The Group SCreen > tap on Manage.. > Now Select the files to delete > Tap on Clear to Confirm

More:mashtips.com/clean-whatsapp-storage-iphone/

ronak mehta
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 20, 2019, 7:27:26 PM via Website

This solution will not clear all msgs amd media to whomsoever we have send via broadcast. And so it will take whatsapp space. How to delete all recipients chats and media we send without going individually

ronak mehta
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 20, 2019, 7:28:37 PM via Website

Hello, did you found solution for your above problem. If yes kindly guide me as i an facing issue

Uooker
  • Forum posts: 12

Jan 22, 2019, 10:17:36 AM via Website

If you don't want these messages can be back after they are been deleted on Android ,you'd better delete them completely.
Looking at this website: https://www.safewiper.com/

— modified on Jan 25, 2019, 2:17:29 AM

Jim121FC
  • Forum posts: 17

Aug 10, 2023, 2:32:03 PM via Website

I tried every possible fix out there untill i fixed it by cleaning Items from the WhatsApp application.

Sajjad Hameed

Sep 6, 2023, 2:22:33 PM via Website

Hello,

It appears that you're experiencing issues with WhatsApp on your Lenovo tablet due to the large number of messages being stored from your broadcast lists. WhatsApp does have some limitations when it comes to managing large volumes of messages, and clearing messages from broadcast lists can be challenging. Here are some suggestions to address your concerns:

Archive Chats: Instead of manually clearing messages, you can archive chats. This will hide them from your main chat list but keep them accessible if needed. You can archive chats by long-pressing the chat you want to archive and selecting the archive option.

Limit Broadcast Frequency: To reduce the number of messages stored, you might consider reducing the frequency of your broadcasts or the number of recipients per broadcast.

Contact WhatsApp Support: If you're still facing issues after trying the above steps, it may be worthwhile to contact WhatsApp's support team. They can provide more specific guidance and assistance for your situation.

Check for Updates: Ensure that you have the latest version of WhatsApp installed on your tablet, as updates often include bug fixes and improvements.

You may need to manage this manually or explore third-party applications that could assist in bulk message management. However, be cautious when using third-party apps, as they may violate WhatsApp's terms of service or compromise your account security.

Tx Finds
  • Forum posts: 7

Sep 6, 2023, 4:30:27 PM via Website

Yes, there is a way to clear all the broadcast messages to the individuals without going to each individual contact and manually clearing them. Here are the steps:

Open WhatsApp on your Lenovo tablet.
Go to Settings > Chats > Broadcast lists.
Tap on the broadcast list that you want to clear.
Tap on the Delete icon.
Tap on Delete again to confirm.
This will delete all the messages that you have sent to the broadcast list, including the messages that you have received from the recipients.

If you want to delete all the broadcast lists, you can do so by following these steps:

Open WhatsApp on your Lenovo tablet.
Go to Settings > Chats > Broadcast lists.
Tap on the Edit icon.
Tap on the Delete icon next to the broadcast list that you want to delete.
Tap on Delete again to confirm.
I hope this helps!

Here are some additional tips to help you clear up space on your WhatsApp:

Delete old messages that you no longer need.
Delete media files that you have received or sent.
Clear your WhatsApp cache.
Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
By following these tips, you can free up space on your WhatsApp and improve its performance.