An application requires installation of Google Play Services

• Replies:13
Sunny L.
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 4, 2015, 5:42:58 PM via Website

I know this has been asked before,but this is becoming a huge issue because I don't only have this error message but I have no way of solving it because I can't update Google Play Services. Whenever I open Google Play Store it shows me only a loading sign. I have checked the accounts and it says I'm logged in but I haven't synced some apps- again connected to the Google Play Services. It's like a loop I can't get out of. Obviously,because 'Google Services are missing from my phone' I can't open some apps. I have no idea what to do.

Kim Griffiths
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 4, 2015, 9:29:30 PM via Website

Have you changed your "Gmail' password? If you have, that could account for Play store not loading or updating
Try signing back into your G mail account if so and see if that works
That's the only thing I can think of.

Sunny L.

Oct 4, 2015, 10:38:51 PM via Website

I haven't changed my password, but I decided to give it a try. However, when I go to eg. Gmail it says 'Can't log in' and when I click log in,it shows me two options- to click on my account or 'add new account'. When I click on my account and next it just refreshes and when I click on 'add new account' it opens and after I add a new account it shows me a message saying 'Can't connect to Google'. I'm stuck again and I have no idea what's going on.

Lacey Alford

B Birch
  • Forum posts: 20

Oct 5, 2015, 2:37:56 PM via App

try removing Google account from your device then relogin to Google account using play store, gmail or YouTube.I had to do this when the play store stopped working properly on my device

Lacey Alford

Sunny L.

Oct 5, 2015, 6:03:21 PM via Website

I have tried that too, but it says there's a problem contacting Google servers and I tried everything on the internet to get rid of that too.. Also,the 'unfortunately,(app name/process/ANYTHING really) has stopped' error is popping up a lot and even though I solved that in the past now I have no solution. When I turn off or restart my phone it won't turn back on and I have to try about 10 times before it turns on again. Seems like I'm gonna have to get it fixed.

B Birch
  • Forum posts: 20

Oct 6, 2015, 11:16:56 PM via App

sounds like you will have to do a factory reset of your device

Abhinav
  • Forum posts: 76

Oct 9, 2015, 2:52:44 PM via App

just download a latest version of Google play service from any other site like apkshare or anything

just search on Google for 'download Google play service .apk'

download and install them

funkyzoo
  • Forum posts: 21

Oct 12, 2015, 12:19:35 AM via Website

have you tried deleting the cache for google play game services?

Erik Baden
  • Forum posts: 10

Oct 15, 2015, 8:36:59 PM via Website

Yup, force to stop Google Play Services, clear cache and it should work.

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Oct 16, 2015, 5:33:54 AM via Website

B Birch

sounds like you will have to do a factory reset of your device

Yes, I also think so.
It seems that there is some problem in contacting Google servers. So maybe you have to try a factory reset or update your android to the latest version. Good luck to you.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

nilofar shaikh
  • Forum posts: 581

Oct 26, 2015, 9:47:27 AM via Website

You could try installing the newest version of Google Play . If you don't want to do that, try one of these:

Go to Settings->Accounts->Google->Sync Data and disable all your Google Account sync items individually. Then enable the App Data and try again before enabling the rest of your sync items.

Go to Settings->Apps->Menu->clear app preferences.

Clearing the Play cache.

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

Gary Roberts (zigzag)

Oct 24, 2017, 2:55:37 PM via Website

I have the same problem. Its still there. I g st frustrated with trying to find a solution.

Sameer Shah

Nov 24, 2018, 11:03:46 AM via Website

emphasized text

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Nov 24, 2018, 1:46:04 PM via Website

I received notice awhile ago that Google is only updating through a WiFi signal.
And that includes play store and systems update.
If you are not using a WiFi signal to update that's the problem!
Note;
In your post you said, play services is not in your phone?
Google play services is the core app of the Android operating system! And it updates all on its own! And there's nothing you can do to stop it!
You can't disable it! You can't uninstall it.
Play services must be in your software somewhere otherwise your device would not work at all!
Go to settings, then apps , open up your all apps settings, you should find play services there! And while there you might check your permissions for play services.
If you have not granted play services all permissions, you should do so!