USB Device not recognized error

• Replies:4
Goutham
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 4, 2015, 5:34:02 PM via Website

when I connect my asus zenfone 5 to my laptop a small icon appears on the taskbar which when clicked says "usb device not recognized".
It used you work fine couple of weeks ago. I didnt make any recent changes.
My phone was rooted. I tried unrooting which dosent solve the problem.
I get the same problem on my pc as well.

pradeep_gupta

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Nov 5, 2015, 4:44:25 AM via Website

Goutham

when I connect my asus zenfone 5 to my laptop a small icon appears on the taskbar which when clicked says "usb device not recognized".
It used you work fine couple of weeks ago. I didnt make any recent changes.
My phone was rooted. I tried unrooting which dosent solve the problem.
I get the same problem on my pc as well.

It is a common problem and can be fixed.

Re-install/update zenfone drivers.
Enable usb debugging from setting .
Try different USB posts and cables.
enable Media device (MTP)

Ready To Help You.

Goutham

Nov 6, 2015, 6:17:05 AM via Website

I have tried on multiple computers with multiple cables obviously with mtp enabled. usb debugging as well. no use.
I have never had to manually install drivers on any pc when I connect my phone.. The device usually gets installed automatically and I could access my phone and sd.
In device manager under USB controllers there is "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" with a small yellow icon near it. It is fully updated as well.

Henrique Baqueiro

Jun 25, 2017, 2:49:31 AM via Website

I have the very same problem. Have you managed to solve it?

I will tell my story so that people may figure out what happened:

The problem started when I tried to charge my Zenfone 5 (which charger is 0.7A) with my Asus Transformerbook charger (3A) and I thought it would be no problem because both were 5V. Well, the zenfone started to sometimes not to recognize any charger, or keep charging (orange led or battery in screen) without any cable. I read some cases in internet and found out that "third part" chargers may oxide the usb port causing it to malfunction. I solved this problem just plugging in and out a micro usb cable a lot of times, to clean the oxide. But after that I never tried again to connect it to the PC with a usb cable. A couple of days ago I tried that and am receiving the very same message in the Windows 10 device manager: "Device descriptor request failed". I already tried to uninstall all usb drivers and reboot the machine, download the usb driver from asus page (windows refuses to install it saying that the best driver is already installed), change some configurations in zenfone like usb debug, mpt and ptp options and so on. I thought that given that it is charging normally again, maybe it would also connect to the pc... but I am afraid it is a hardware problem.

— modified on Jun 25, 2017, 2:51:57 AM

pradeep_gupta

pradeep_gupta
  • Forum posts: 17

May 22, 2019, 9:13:10 AM via Website

Hello, I am continuously getting this error. USB Device Not Recognized
I went through many sites, on microsoft, hows.tech, wikihow and many. Did not help.

My USB device is not getting detected.

Let me explain in detail :

A week after I bought the device Nokia 8.1, I was able to access my file that connected the USB cable to the computer. And then when I connect, it doesn't show me the options in the notification panel. it's just charging the device besides that I don't see anything, Only an error appears USB Device Not Recognized.

This error is killing me

— modified on May 27, 2019, 10:24:07 AM