Google Drive Backup settings blocking whatsapp help!

• Replies:3
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 7, 2015, 7:04:12 PM via Website

Hi folks,
I am using the latest version of whatsapp on an old HTC Sensation. Whatsapp prompted me to set the google drive backup settings the other day but since then, the same settings page pops up each time I open whatsapp! It does not matter which options I select, the page just won't go away and it is preventing me from accessing the app normally. This page reads as follows:
Google Drive backup
Back up your messages and media to google drive so if you change or lose your phone, your chats are safe.
Select back up frequency: Daily / Weekly / Monthly / Never
Google account [ ]
Include videos [ ]

If I click back it exits from the app. I can still access messages usually but only if someone messages me, which is quite annoying. Anyone any ideas why this screen will not disappear? I have tried restarting my phone.
Thanks for any help or suggestions in advance.

nilofar shaikh
  • Forum posts: 581

Dec 4, 2015, 1:28:16 PM via Website

You can try uninstall and install app, i think this will solve the problem.

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

Shorty Short

Feb 2, 2016, 7:30:14 AM via Website

I hv the precise problem that PriscillaC reports. My Whatsapp simply freezes on backing out from the frequency of backups. I do not wish to re-install the Whatsapp App since data will be lost. And at this stage I do not wish to use the email account that Google reports nor create a new account yet. Can you advise an alternative solution for me?

Andrei Ry

May 2, 2016, 3:06:16 PM via Website

Same here, very annoying, new option shall not block old one, or I will sue someone for secret fixing with phone sellers :)