- Forum posts: 28
Nov 24, 2015, 2:46:24 PM via Website
Nov 24, 2015 2:46:24 PM via Website
Tittle- Family Orbit
Developer- AppObit LLC
Download Link- Download From Google play store
Description- Keep your family in your orbit. Family Orbit is an app to locate your family, monitor your kids, and share contents with your family members. It is like a private social network for families where you can stay connected with your loved ones 24/7, know where they are, share photos, and connect to them immediately when emergencies arise.
With Family Orbit, users can:
- View an Activity Wall with Family News generated automatically
- Track every one's location on a real-time map
- Create Family Places like Home and School and be notified automatically (by push notifications and emails) when they arrive or leave
- Check In or Send Panic Alerts to family members
- View Location History of members within last 7 days
- Share Photos privately and securely with everyone in the family
- Send one on one or group messages, free of cost
- Full privacy controls for adult members. They can turn sharing on and off at any time they wish. Child accounts are supervised by their parents.
The software allows creation of child accounts, turning it into parental control software, allowing guardian members to:
- Set up Speed Limits and be notified when their teenager is driving over the limit
- Monitor "all photos" snapped with the phone's camera applications
- Monitor "all contacts" added to their address book
- Monitor device information like Wi-Fi details and battery information
- Children can check which guardian is near and request for them to pick them up.
Why Kids will love Family Orbit?
Teens and young children do not like getting bothered by parents with “Where are you?” calls and texts. Now they can easily do Check-Ins and let them know their whereabouts easily. No more embarrassing mom’s call during their hang-out time with friends.
Other Social Networking sites are made for friends. Kids find it embarrassing to see their parents “friending” them and posting their baby photos. Now the Family has its own private network. The kids can happily share their selfies and photos with the family, privately, and without worrying about others looking at them. Parents and kids can also message and setup plans for weekends.
In case the child faces an emergency, they can quickly tap on the Panic button and an alert will go to the entire family with their location. They can also see who is near-by and request a “pick-up” in case they missed their school bus.
Setup Family Orbit in three easy steps:
A guardian installs Family Orbit on their smartphone and registers their family account
S/he invites other family members with either Adult or Child account privileges
Invited users install Family Orbit on their phone and sign in with the invitation code received on their emails.
What have our beta testers said?
"If you're at least on Facebook, you know that all those networks are focused on you and your friends. Friends, that's right. What if there was something created especially for... families? And that's what Family Orbit is!" - Jakub P.
"You built something really nice for families that want to keep track of each other. Check-ins and photo uploading work great also." - Vlad M.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Family Orbit turns GPS on and off with an intelligent algorithm to save battery life and still give as accurate location as possible.