Rooting and Unlocking LG G Flex 2 LS996ZV5

• Replies:4
Dawn Lemcool
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 2, 2016, 7:16:46 AM via Website

I need help. Just bought my LG G Flex 2 LS996ZV5 through Sprint used, I Googled first if it could be used with Straight Talk and it was saying yes online. Found out after I bought it that I couldn't use with Straight Talk or any other prepaid service I called. Will rooting and/or unlocking fix this so I can use a prepaid service. I'm trying to check out all my options before I quit and get rid of it. Will rooting and/or unlocking keep me from being able to use many of the phones features? I'm really loss with what I've been reading and don't want to ruin phone.

nilofar shaikh
  • Forum posts: 581

Jan 2, 2016, 9:21:55 AM via Website

You said it is a Sprint phone that means it has carrier of sprint only. have you tried any sprint SIM for your phone? is it working on your phone?

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

Dawn Lemcool
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 2, 2016, 11:12:28 PM via Website

I haven't tried a Sprint SIM yet because I recently found out that this Sprint phone has a unpaid bill attached to it and now has a bad ESN so from everything I've read online so far it looks like my only option is to flash it? Never will I buy a used phone again.

nilofar shaikh
  • Forum posts: 581

Jan 3, 2016, 1:26:51 PM via Website

Flashing a phone will not solve the problem, Have you tried to unlock the device with another carrier provider? AT/T service provider may help you to unlock the device. you can check there service also

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

ian
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 28, 2017, 8:03:46 AM via Website

Better check first if your phone is asking for sim network unlock pin that is the time you need to order for unlock code.
As far as i know most of the sprint phone doesn't ask for sim network unlock pin but you can give it a try.