Huawei Ascend Mate 7 — MICROPHONE PROBLEM

• Replies:12
Theonest Bushoke
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 6, 2016, 12:30:12 PM via Website

I recently acquired Huawei Ascend Mate 7. My microphone was initially performing very well but recently developed a problem. When I am on a call the person whom am calling does not hear me on a normal way unless I put my speakers on.

I have seen some other users complaining of the same problem in these forums but the problem has not been solved.

Kindly help.

Theonest Bushoke

nilofar shaikh
  • Forum posts: 581

Jan 6, 2016, 1:35:37 PM via Website

Does your sound notification system are fine with other app? have you check call using any other app like whatsapp? will it do the same thing ?

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

Scott
  • Forum posts: 14

Mar 31, 2016, 11:04:18 AM via Website

Try to restore the factory settings or root or upgrade for the latest Android version.
It can be sloved if the software issue.
However, if it is hardware issue you'd better take it to Huawei customer service.

se ban
  • Forum posts: 5

Jul 29, 2016, 5:12:42 PM via Website

I have the same problem. Before upgrading the android version from 4.2.2 to 6.0, just on-off the device was solving the problem, but now once it happens I need to reset to factory defaults (takes about half an hour) to make the microphone work. This problem happens randomly at any time and it is really disgusting.

Fábio Marques

Aug 5, 2016, 5:27:53 AM via Website

Se ban you already fix the microphone problem?

se ban

Aug 23, 2016, 4:16:29 PM via Website

hi Fabio,
after factory reset mic. starts to work, it happened again to me since the first post, and I made another factory reset . I guess one of the app cause it but could not find out it yet. now I keep my app quantity at min. I downloaded only the top used ones and deleted the others, and I do not give mic. permisson to any app (even whatsapp), until now it seems ok.

se ban

Sep 19, 2016, 11:29:04 AM via Website

got the same problem 1 week ago, couldn't figure out why.
I will try to rollback to 4.4 or 5.1 :(

se ban

Nov 26, 2016, 9:17:11 AM via Website

I think I find out the reason; After cancelling all the perimissions of hivoice app the problem seems gone.
Note: Could't roll back to 4.4 or 5.1 still using (B561) 6.0

— modified on Nov 26, 2016, 9:18:41 AM

Marselle 2013

Apr 22, 2017, 1:24:27 PM via Website

Hello, can you explain how to cancel "perimissions of hivoice".
I have same problem with my p7

Allen Martin

Apr 22, 2017, 1:53:29 PM via Website

i guess recently marshmallow updates or firmware is still unstable and causing this problem so this might be helful to get rid permanently from this issue :)

Arslan Arif

Aug 25, 2017, 4:04:21 PM via Website

Read full Answer
Actually android phones have two microphones. One for normal calls which is located at the bottom (normally near charging port) and the other is used for recording and load speaker calls which is located at the back side (near the back camera).
When someone can't hear your voice unless you turn on your load speaker that means your default mic is not working. So that's a hardware problem. It has nothing to do with software. You have to replace that default mic which is located at the bottom. All other solutions are useless.
Thanks. :)

— modified on Aug 25, 2017, 4:06:11 PM

se ban

Oct 16, 2017, 4:13:12 PM via Website

Hi,
goto app settings, find hivoice, click permissions and turn-off microphone. This worked for me , nearly 1 year I never had mic. issue :)

— modified on Nov 30, 2017, 2:29:35 PM

bariszop

Mar 2, 2022, 9:19:17 AM via Website

Try to restore the factory settings or root or upgrade for the latest Android version.