To all ex-smokers, what actually worked to help you quit smoking?

• Replies:6
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 20, 2016, 2:20:16 PM via Website

... or hasn't worked so far

• Forum posts: 1

Oct 10, 2016, 8:19:37 PM via Website

I had a habit of smoking 15 Marlboros daily until the day I suffered a massive heart attack. I was lucky to have my son at home. He carried me to the nearby hospital within 10 minutes and doctors were able to save my life. Doctors told me to quit smoking. I couldn't do this because of severe addiction to cigarettes. Then, I came across of an app called quit smoking slowly.
Its an app that helps you cut down the number of cigz you smoke. You have to follow the guidelines and within few weeks, you'll find that your addiction is vanishing day by day.

Here's the play store link and a review of the app:

bestappsguru.com/best-quit-smoking-apps/

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motivebite.smokefree.free&hl=en

Hope you find my experience and suggestion useful.

• Forum posts: 40

Dec 8, 2019, 10:32:53 PM via Website

It's so sad. Her words once again confirm, that mention the word miscarriage and it evokes emotions most women who’ve gone through it would rather forget. It’s one of the worst brutal experiences of pregnancy. One minute you are happy, optimistic, and making plans for the future of your unborn baby and the next minute you are sad, stressed, depressed, and wondering why it had to happen to you. All your hopes and expectations vanish through thin air. She has to read some tips - smoking during pregnancy.

• Forum posts: 887

Dec 9, 2019, 12:00:41 AM via Website

Cold turkey. Four or five days of nervousness and then after 40 Years I was a free man.

• Forum posts: 8

Dec 25, 2019, 4:18:40 PM via Website

This is until the first deadline at work when the nerves just burn for everyone. If you smoke, bro, then the hand itself reaches for a cigarette at that moment. They say vaping helps reduce cravings for nicotine.

Mark
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 496

Dec 25, 2019, 10:39:40 PM via Website

Vaping is just as bad or even worse than smoking, studies are showing . the only way to quit is cold turkey everything else is just a waste of money. Only when you have the true desire to quit will you succeed.

• Forum posts: 11

Feb 19, 2020, 7:31:01 AM via Website

My wife, hah!
But really, when you really want to quit you will, quitting for others never works, work on your personal growth, and at some point you will drop the cigs.