• Replies:9
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 3

Feb 6, 2016 6:51:49 PM via Website

I have downloaded an APK app several times, but my phone won't allow me to install it. Every time I try to install it says "unable to scan for threats" and crashes. I have "unknown sources" checked and pretty much every security setting turned off, yet it still tries to "scan for threats" and won't let me install the app.

• Forum posts: 664

Feb 7, 2016 5:50:25 AM via Website

Turn app Google app verification off

Find a separate app called Google Settings
In your main Settings app, scroll down and touch Google >> Touch Security. >> nder "Verify apps," turn Scan device for security threats on or off. When this setting is on, it regularly checks your device activity and prevents or warns about potential harm. NOw turn that off

— modified on Feb 7, 2016 5:50:44 AM

Ready To Help You.

Feb 9, 2016 10:49:53 PM via Website

Thanks for your help Sanjai, but I already did that. First thing I did was turn off the tab that says "scan device for security threats", yet it still tries to scan the app. Is there anything else I can try?

• Forum posts: 664

Feb 10, 2016 6:35:06 AM via Website

Go to settings >> App manager >> select google play service & google play store >> remove cache . This may work

Ready To Help You.

Feb 10, 2016 4:20:01 PM via Website

I finally figured it out. It was the Lookout app that came pre-installed on my phone that would not allow third-party apps to run on my phone. I had to turn it off before I could install apks.

— modified on Feb 10, 2016 4:20:41 PM

• Forum posts: 9

Sep 8, 2016 8:50:44 AM via Website

great we have diversity in apps and can use them daily

• Forum posts: 1

Sep 28, 2016 5:41:39 AM via Website

Can you please tell me how you got rid of that lock out app? I am having same problem you were and apk wont load.

Sep 28, 2016 3:44:01 PM via Website

Can download apk file but wont install. Phone s onays it cant scan file then crashes. Another person said they had same problem and they found a pre installed lock out app on their phone they had to unlock then the apk installed. Can anybody tell me how to find that app on my phone and unlock it. Thanks

Sep 30, 2016 12:39:49 AM via Website

I recently had the same problem as above. I could not find a way to completely turn off the "Lookout" app on my phone; therefore, I temporally uninstalled the program. See my directions below.

Find the steps below to allow the "APK" file to open.

1. Temporarily uninstall the "Lookout Security & Antivirus" App on your device.

Settings>Phone (Applications) [The "Applications" option should have an orange icon]>Applications Manager>Find "Lookout" in the alphabetized list and click on it> click "Uninstall"

1. Download and open the "APK" file

2. Reinstall the "Lookout" app

I hope this helps!

Oct 24, 2016 2:35:16 PM via Website

aye brother u came in clutcher than that LeBron block on curry in the finals