Sony Xperia Z3 Compact — Z3C vs Z5C

• Replies:4
Alex W.
  • Forum posts: 4

Apr 4, 2016, 12:36:27 AM via Website

I'm considering buying a Z3 Compact or a Z5 Compact. Prices of both of them have dropped nicely. It would seem reasonable to buy the more new model Z5 Compact with a bit better camera. But what about the overheating issues with the SD810, have they been resolved? And the Z5 has been recently highly critisized by PhoneArena for lots of bugs in it's software, what results in lags. Anyway with all these issues I'm becoming more prone to buy the older Z3 Compact- like the design, camera is great from what I heard and outstanding battery life.
BTW-Are there any drawbacks to the Z3 Compact when compared to the Z3? (apart from display)

Sharad Gupta
  • Forum posts: 3

Apr 8, 2016, 8:33:50 PM via Website

Hello,

I suggest you not to buy Z3 compact. I have a Z3 Compact(the green one), bought it for 43,000 INR. There is no doubt that the phone is very beautiful, small and handy. I like it very much. But, after around 7 months of purchasing the phone stopped working :( ....I took it to a authorized service center and they replaced the mother board, so it started working again :)

But now again after 6-7 months there is a new problem, the screen of the phone is coming out on its own. So now the phone is no more water and dust proof. I went to service center again, but now they are asking 10,500 Rs and telling me that the screen need to be replaced :(.This screen popping out problem is very common in Z3 compact. The adhesives that they are using are not good enough. There are various forums discussing on this topic. Sony claims that this is a high end smart phone, but I don't think that this phone is up to the mark. You don't have to take high end products to service centers every 6 or 7 months for repairing. It is extra burden to the pocket.

Alex W.

Alex W.
  • Forum posts: 4

Apr 8, 2016, 10:26:54 PM via Website

Thanks a lot for the warning. Do you think this could be this one bad particular phone? as I haven't heard these things from other owners.

Sharad Gupta

Apr 10, 2016, 5:49:51 PM via Website

It can be, but when this problem appeared in my phone and I googled about this problem I found that a lot of people are facing the same thing. So I thought that this is a very common problem with this particular sony handset. Follow this link

talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Z3c-Front-glass-unglued/td-p/1039871

— modified on Apr 10, 2016, 5:56:45 PM

Alex W.

Sharad Gupta

Apr 10, 2016, 6:00:29 PM via Website

talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Z3-Compact-screen-coming-away-from-phone/td-p/959515/page/2

Alex W.