Samsung Galaxy S5 — Confused changing Lock Screen type

• Replies:1
Carlos Castro
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 6, 2016, 4:59:52 PM via Website

I've got a Samsung S5 SM-G900T. I usually used a pin code as my normal lock screen type. I also have registered my fingerprint on my device. Playing around with my phone, I changed the lock screen type to be used with my fingerprint and it worked perfectly. However, when I wanted to go back to my Pin type locking screen, I was unable to do so.I use my fingerprint to unlock the phone, went under "Lock Screen" ----> "Screen Lock" and it asks me for an "alternative password" which I don't have or don't remember inputting it, so it would not allow me to do any change.
Anyone please can assist me on how to come back to my pin code locking screen type?
I went through finger scanner, but I am not sure that by deleting my registered fingerprint, it could worsen the situation.

Thanks

Vladimir S.
  • Forum posts: 266

Apr 6, 2016, 6:40:32 PM via Website

Hi.
You can change the lock screen from using the finger print scanner but you need to authenticate by fingerprint or alternate password before you can disable the fingerprint authentication. Delete all the fingerprints registered (verifying by fingerprint or alternative password) inside the Fingerprint manager (settings->Finger Scanner). When all registered prints are removed (long pressing and deleting each registered print), the lock screen will go back to swipe.
Also look here

— modified on Apr 6, 2016, 7:23:02 PM

Elfyn