Samsung Galaxy S3 — Can't setup phone because "Unfortunately Google Account Manager has stopped."

• Replies:13
Harrison
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 9, 2016, 5:40:19 AM via Website

I recently factory reset my phone and arrived at the setup screen and after tapping the next button a message popped up "Unfortunately, Google Account Manager has stopped". I would also receive messages that other applications has stopped (google play store, samsung account, youtube, etc) however, google account manager stopping seemed to be triggered by me tapping the next button. As I am unable to pass the setup menu, I am unable to access the settings menu.

(Samsung Galaxy S3 GT 19305)

Currently I have tried:
- Factory restoring the device from the system recovery menu
- wiping the cache partition from the system recovery menu
- rebooting the device

Thankyou,

Harrison

— modified on Apr 9, 2016, 5:40:53 AM

Mara Davis

Apr 10, 2016, 5:56:56 AM via Website

The exact same thing has happened to me. Please help!!!

Zac H.
  • Forum posts: 2

May 1, 2016, 9:20:42 AM via Website

I also have the same problem, it seems to have started when I updated to Kit Kat 4.4. I couldn't add another Google account so I decided to do a factory reset (after trying others things) and now can't get past the setup...

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

May 2, 2016, 5:53:12 AM via Website

Go to recovery and clear cache then data. it will remove any conflict with previous version . If it doesn't work try re-flashing current firmware with ODIN

Ready To Help You.

Zac H.

May 2, 2016, 2:39:06 PM via Website

I tried clearing cache and doing a factory reset from recovery mode and it didn't work. I have now fixed the issue. Install Samsung Kies on your computer, plug in your phone and select reinitialise and update (pretty sure that's the correct name) from the menu. It will completely reinstall the latest android update and I haven't had any issues since with Google or Samsung apps crashing.
You can also do a backup of your phone beforehand too.

— modified on May 2, 2016, 2:40:26 PM

Bastian Siewers

Wishiwas Ageek

Sep 9, 2016, 4:56:01 PM via Website

Nope didn't work for me.
Still get those stupid Google play services has stopped messages and can't get pas the welcome select language screen.

I'm off to the service centre as e-flashing current firmware with ODIN is a bit beyond me and don't want to brick my phone.
but of course if the service centre can't fix it, I will try that.

Rae Dowd

Dec 9, 2016, 1:23:06 PM via Website

Samsung Galaxy s3 have been holding all three buttons got to reboot error comes up
I reset my phone sick of all the stopped apps been reading all the comments tried the re boot clean the cache do you have to take the sim card out and why does re boot come up as an error

Leanne Cahill

Feb 22, 2017, 1:47:39 AM via Website

I have the same problem but now i cant even get passed the welcome page and yes iv look at keis and when i put the model number it says that its not the number but it is the correct one please help me i need my phone

Joby

Mar 5, 2017, 1:12:27 AM via Website

Dear all I am also getting the same problem while I reset my phone does anyone fix this issue.please tell me the steps
Thanks
Joby

vincentius benedict
  • Forum posts: 3

Apr 22, 2017, 11:47:25 AM via Website

hey.. first you have to download kies 3. i tried to download it from samsung but it doesnt worked. try to download it from othe site. next you open the kies 3. theres a tools option in the tool bar and you clicked the firmware upgrade and you follow the steps. the s/n and the model one is kinda tricky. be patient with that one. follow all the steps after that and your phone will be just fine!! this method works for my phone :)

vincentius benedict

Apr 22, 2017, 11:48:44 AM via Website

the model number is tricky. its on the bottom right on your phone just below the battery (not under the battery)
mine's GT19305 :)

vincentius benedict

Apr 22, 2017, 11:58:38 AM via Website

hey do u still need help through this?

EnCi Bee

Jun 11, 2017, 4:18:01 AM via Website

Hi vincentius benedict. Did you have to remove your sim card when you upgraded using kies?

EnCi Bee

Jun 11, 2017, 4:18:01 AM via Website

Hi vincentius benedict. Did you have to remove your sim card when you upgraded using kies?