reboot = manually reconnect to router

• Replies:8
Bert Vester
  • Forum posts: 5

May 9, 2016, 9:35:37 AM via Website

Hi, since about 8 months I must manually reconnect to my router evry time I reboot my tablet. this is really driving me nuts, because I never had to do this before and I cannot figure out how to reset to automatic reconnect. I have an ASUS hybrid tablet that is running on 4.4.2.

Vladimir S.
  • Forum posts: 266

May 9, 2016, 11:22:11 AM via Website

Welcome to AndroidPIT!

Did you use ZT180 or any other wi-fi apps?
Have you root on your device?
Resetting to factory settings will help, but you need to save your own data.

Bert Vester

May 9, 2016, 12:23:20 PM via Website

Thx, Vladimir. I log in to my router via Settings, Wifi. As the owner of the tablet, I assume I have root access rights, but I have never tried to go there. Just a simple user, you know! :-)

If I go back to factory settings, what data will be overwritten? And how do I protect myself from that?

Vladimir S.

May 9, 2016, 1:30:46 PM via Website

Does your tablet have SIM-slot? Contacts, SMS, all apps you have installed on tablet, any downloaded media files will be erased. The tablet will be in the same state as right after purchase. If auto synchronization to Google account is enabled, it is possible to recover contacts and sms after resetting. If there's no SIM, you will need to reinstall the apps only.

Bert Vester

May 9, 2016, 1:39:40 PM via Website

Wow, Vladimir! Is there no easier/less intrusive answer to my original question?

Vladimir S.

May 9, 2016, 2:13:52 PM via Website

There is a small chance that the following will help:

Open Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Wi-Fi networks, long tap on your connection name and then choose "Forget network" button. After that try to find and reconnect your network connection...

Bert Vester

May 9, 2016, 2:18:37 PM via Website

Thanx, I will try this later and inform you of the results. :)

Bert Vester

May 11, 2016, 1:45:04 PM via Website

Sorry, no joy. Tried the long tap but that did not give me the option to forget the network. I have the feeling an OS upgrade may be the culprit. Before that upgrade I only had to connect manualy to a Wifi network once and the machine would automatically re-connect every time I switched it on or I came back to the networks' location.

Am I really the only one with this problem? Or should I try a different forum in the AndroidPit?

Vladimir S.

May 11, 2016, 2:07:57 PM via Website

Please, specify the exact model name of your tablet and I will move this thread to suitable subcategory.
When a single tap, there is no such button too? It can be named "Forget", "Delete" etc.
After OS upgrade it's recommended to perform Factory Reset anyway, as the installed apps may conflict with the new OS...