Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge — Help with pop ups when using chrome

• Replies:2
Nicholas king
  • Forum posts: 1

May 22, 2016, 6:58:23 AM via Website

So this picture pops out when i sue chrome and enter some websites. I dont know whats happening. Is it just because if website?i was just looking on a comic book website. And everytime i hit back it wont let me it will stay on that screen and vibrates my phone. Can someone explain and helo me? Thank you and i have s7 edge not 6 cant find 7 at sub forum

pentel
  • Forum posts: 251

May 22, 2016, 11:20:24 AM via Website

This androidhelpa.xyz site is reported to be a malware site.

If this pop-up appears only when you visit the comic book site, then that comic book site is malicious and should be avoided.

If this pop-up appears on all websites when you use Chrome, then your Chrome is infected with some malware.

If your Chrome is infected with malware, try your phone stock browser, will this pop-up show up? If no, then only Chrome is infected.

You may want to consider uninstalling Chrome and reinstall Chrome, if only Chrome is infected.

Factory reset the phone.

Install a reputable anti-virus/malware such as Norton Mobile Security, it is free for 30 days.

Jaskulski
  • Forum posts: 31

Nov 4, 2016, 12:08:25 PM via Website

I am a very satisfied user of Malwarebytes so I recommend it for desktop and mobile use also.