[GAME] [FREE] Batonic by Lifemakers Studio

• Replies:8
Lifemakers Studio
  • Forum posts: 18

Jul 23, 2016, 2:23:21 AM via Website

Hello,

We would like to introduce Batonic, a dynamic 2D physics arcade for Android

It is a challenging and addictive arcade game — an entirely new concept! Prop the baton on the tip of your finger and deflect hordes of creatures that perish but keep attacking you. Resist changing winds and gravity, deflect and disintegrate the creatures (bouncing, sticking, exploding) that fall from the sky trying to strike you off balance.

No rules or story to learn: play in seconds, lose your first baton in minutes, and keep steadily mastering it for hours! It's only the sky, your bright baton balancing at the tip of your finger, and throngs of silly creatures that make the already challenging act of baton twirling outright insane. But every Day, the world changes in strange ways — remain agile and alert to survive!

Made with: Java, Android Studio, LibGDX, Box2D, Inkscape, MMA, Audacity

Release date for Android: July 24, 2016

Free download on Google Play Store

— modified on Jul 24, 2016, 2:57:57 PM

Fernando MiyahiraИгорь Денисенко

Игорь Денисенко
  • Forum posts: 33

Jul 23, 2016, 9:16:26 AM via Website

Funny game with beautiful graphics) How you did it?

Lifemakers Studio

Lifemakers Studio

Jul 23, 2016, 2:33:35 PM via Website

Thanks! It started as a toy program in Python that we made to teach our son the basics of programming. After we recognized the potential of the idea, we upgraded from Python+Pygame to Java, Google's Android Studio, LibGDX with Box2D for physics... and spent an insane amount of time in Inkscape creating graphics and in MMA writing the music :)

Игорь Денисенко

Lifemakers Studio

Jul 24, 2016, 2:59:09 PM via Website

Batonic was released today! Please download, play and rate/review on Google Play Store :)

Игорь Денисенко

Игорь Денисенко

Jul 25, 2016, 11:13:08 AM via Website

I'm working with Android Studio and LibGDX too) My friend from my University has informed me about LibGDX and I started to make game with this framework) this my first game, I want change graphics to minimalism and it's popular today)
See my app on Google Play: enter link description here

Lifemakers Studio

Lifemakers Studio

Jul 25, 2016, 7:23:00 PM via Website

Yes, very nice! I left a review on Google Play :) The only problem is that the grey area (with the countdown or game over buttons) looks pushed a way to the top on my phone...

Игорь Денисенко

Игорь Денисенко

Jul 25, 2016, 7:50:11 PM via Website

yeah it was bad(
But now i'm working on new graphics in style minimalism (like a 2048 game for example)
What are you think about new graphics in this style?

Lifemakers Studio

Fernando Miyahira
  • Forum posts: 13

Jul 25, 2016, 9:21:00 PM via Website

So funny game =)

Lifemakers Studio

Lifemakers Studio

Dec 13, 2016, 12:50:50 AM via Website

Version 3 of Batonic is now on in Google Play Store!

What's new :

• By popular demand, we completely redesigned the complexity of all Batonic levels, so as to make the game more accessible and engaging for players of all ages and skills. No more of the boring, too-easy-too-long levels — but also no more so-difficult-as-to-be-almost-impassable monstrosities! (Well... maybe except the final Day 10!) Overall, the game of Batonic is much more dynamic and fun in this version.

• A number of visual tweaks make the Batonic creatures even more funny and weird!

• Several bug fixes.