Transfer Whatsapp chat history

• Replies:8
Kay Ramjee
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 17, 2016, 4:01:58 PM via Website

Hi, Can anyone advise if it is possible to transfer my WhatsApp chat history from my Blackberry Z3 to my new Huawei P8 android phone. Tried copying my BB backup file to the Huawei phone but still cannot access my history. Please advise

golaok
  • Forum posts: 71

Aug 19, 2016, 5:21:50 AM via Website

Just try the mobile transfer program, which can directly transfer data from one phone to the other, including contacts, messages, photos, apps and more.

— modified on Aug 22, 2016, 4:09:31 AM

Laura Smith
  • Forum posts: 21

Aug 22, 2016, 3:38:48 PM via Website

why you not try WhatsApp web and keep the chats autosave on your PC, no hassle no need to install and transfer the chats and bla bla bla...

marco sarli

daisysunshine
  • Forum posts: 6

Aug 24, 2016, 11:45:36 AM via Website

Whatsapp FAQ: Back up your chats on your old phone. Go to WhatsApp > Application Menu > Settings > Media settings > Backup conversations. To transfer your backup file from your old phone onto a media card or any other storage available (Cloud Storage for example), you will need to use the File Manager on your phone.

Wesley W.
  • Forum posts: 14

Mar 2, 2017, 8:28:43 AM via Website

Have you tried the "Backup" feature on WhatsApp app yet? I mean you can move WhatsApp data to a new phone via simply restoring backup on target phone. In you case, you can back up WhatsApp on your Blackberry phone, then, change the phone number tied to the accout (if changed) . Later, install WhatsApp on Huawei phone and get it restored from backup. For more information, this post has a clear point: How to transfer WhatsApp between phones.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 19

Apr 13, 2017, 11:36:53 AM via Website

It's easy to transfer whatsapp from android to android, but blackberry no.
To transfer whatsapp chat between different operation system, using a third party tool is the only way. I suggest to try the Forecovery Phone Transfer, which can transfer whatsapp messages and other phone data between different phone system.

Steven
  • Forum posts: 118

Jan 15, 2020, 4:02:43 AM via Website

1.Open WhatsApp on Blackberry Z3 and click on Menu> Settings> Chats> Chat backup> Back Up to backup the WhatsApp chat histories.

2.To install WhatsApp on Huawei P8, you need to figure out what kind of SD card you have by checking the old phone's specifications.

3.After the installation, you can launch the application on the new Android and verify the same phone number that you have used to backup the chats.

4.Next, just tap on Restore when you get a prompt asking whether to restore the found backup.

Alisawangly
  • Forum posts: 83

Jan 15, 2020, 8:40:47 AM via Website

If backup files are useless, you can use the WhatsApp transfer tool to transfer WhatsApp to new phone directly by connecting Blackberry and Huawei phones to computer at the same time, then transfer WhatsApp data from one phone to another directly, iPhone to Android, Android to Android, iPhone to iPhone, and we can also backup WhatsApp then restore to another phone.

— modified on Jan 15, 2020, 8:41:21 AM

BlairMaksim
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 18, 2020, 10:35:10 AM via Website

Back up your chats on your old phone. Go to WhatsApp > Application Menu > Settings > Media settings > Backup conversations.