Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 — Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 lost wireless

• Replies:0
Mike Greenberg
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 28, 2016, 6:19:33 PM via Website

I've had this tablet for at least 2 years (I believe) & the wireless has worked flawlessly. Sometime between last Thurs. night (8/25/16) & early Fri. morning (8/26/16) the wireless on it stopped working. What I'm referring to is my tablet doesn't recognize my router, which I use the wireless only for portable devices. The computers in the house are wired. In the list of available Wi-Fi Networks, my router was listed with the notation "Not in range." My tablet normally sits less than 2 feet away. Other available signals are listed & while most are secured, I tried to connect to one just to see if my tablet would connect. It did, but since I don't have the pw I couldn't login.

Since my router is the only one my tablet can't get a signal for, my "assumption" was my router's radio failed. As a further test, I disconnected the ethernet cable on the laptop & attempted to connect wirelessly. Right now, I'm writing this connected to my router's wireless. So that shoots down my theory of the router being at fault. I did forget the connection for my router & it hasn't been re-established.

So now I'm not sure where this leaves me or how to proceed. Any suggestions?