Error updating Google Play services

• Replies:1
Isaac Lange
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 2, 2016, 7:10:08 PM via Website

Youtube prompted me to update google play services, when I try to update the app, I get the following error message:

Update for "Google Play services" could not be downloaded due to an error. (Error retrieving information from server. [DF-DLA-15])

I have already tried:

-Restarting phone
-Force stopping Google Play services and deleting cache, tried this with and without restarting phone afterward
-Force stopping Google Play store and deleting cache, tried this with and without restarting phone afterward
-Made sure internet connection is secure and fully functional
-Tried factory resetting the Google Play services app and tried all of the above all over again, same error message (I did not dare do this to Google Play store app)

Also note: I can only view Google Play services when I tap the update link the Youtube app provides me, if I look for Google Play services manually I can't find it (In the Google Play Store). Does this maybe mean that I'm getting this message because you can't update the app via Google Play store and have to do it through some other means?

Phone model: Samsung Galaxy On5

Melissa White
  • Forum posts: 12

Oct 6, 2016, 9:10:54 AM via Website

In Settings, find Apps (or Application manager), then swipe to All. Scroll down to Google Services and tap on Clear data and then Force stop. Do the same with the Google Play Store app and clear the cache from your internet browser.