Facebook messenger won't show pop up notifications

• Replies:1
Haley M
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 11, 2017, 2:33:27 AM via Website

Messenger recently sent out a server side update to my phone that I absolutely hate. I can't stand it, so I uninstalled my app and installed an older version apk that seems unaffected by the new changes. However, I now don't get pop up notifications. The icon for a new message shows up in the status bar, but there's no pop up. The lock screen is unaffected. I have made sure that the app settings for notifications are now and so are the ones in App Info on my phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy s6, not rooted, on Android 6.0.1. I've tried numerous different versions of apks from several sources and have no idea why this is happening. Any ideas?

Ruby Mariah
  • Forum posts: 53

Jul 29, 2017, 3:38:14 PM via Website

Haley M

Messenger recently sent out a server side update to my phone that I absolutely hate. I can't stand it, so I uninstalled my app and installed an older version apk that seems unaffected by the new changes. However, I now don't get pop up notifications. The icon for a new message shows up in the status bar, but there's no pop up. The lock screen is unaffected. I have made sure that the app settings for notifications are now and so are the ones in App Info on my phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy s6, not rooted, on Android 6.0.1. I've tried numerous different versions of apks from several sources and have no idea why this is happening. Any ideas?

Hey, did you try a factory reset of you phone may be the fault is in your phone by resting it should work properly.