[honor 5x-kiwi]Consequent Bootloop after installing any Custom ROM

• Replies:1
Swapnil Tiwari
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 25, 2017, 5:19:03 PM via Website

Hey there I cannot install any Custom ROM on my honor 5x(kiwi)Everytime I install any custom ROM, be it cyanogenmod, xenonHD or resurrection remix. I follow the exact same steps posted everywhere.

Here are the steps I followed(using TWRP):
put both gApps and ROM file on Sd card
boot into recovery mode
select wipe>advanced wipe> selected(Dalvik/Art Cache+cache+data+system+(tried wiping internal storage once too)
swipe to wipe
go on home
select install select Custom ROM +(selected gApps once with ROM zip and once separately)
swipe to confirm flash> clear dalvik/cache
reboot system
Phone goes into bootloop everytime
tries going into recovery again>wipe>advanced wipe>select dalvik/ART cache+cache
swipe to wipe
reboot
phone is still in bootloop no matter how much time I leave it.

PLease help I'm stuck

choppia
  • Forum posts: 6

Apr 6, 2017, 8:53:57 AM via Website

May following method will fix your issue:
1. Copy the ROM zip file to your computer and extract it using your decompressing software.
2. Once unzipped, browse to the ‘META-INF/com/google/android’ directory. Here, you will find two files called ‘update-binary’ and ‘updater-script’
3. Rename ‘updater-script’ to ‘updater-script.txt’ and open with your text file editor (You need to enable file extensions in the control panel to be able to do this)
4. Get rid of the line starting with ‘assert’ to the next semi-colon. Usually this is the first line or one of the first lines at the top of the text file. Just delete them. Remove everything until the command ‘mount’ is visible.
5. Save the file.
6. Rename ‘updater-script.txt’ back to ‘updater-script’
7. Re-compress all the files. Use this .zip file to flash the ROM.
You will get complete details in Huawei Honor5X Manual- guideusermanual.com/product-name-honor5x-manual&po=669477&lang=English