Samsung Galaxy S3 — Phone keeps dicharging when on charge

• Replies:4
Tina West
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 31, 2017, 4:50:26 PM via Website

Hi, Can anyone help me, over the last few days the phone has been on charge but the battery is discharging instead, I am using the plug and USB cable that came with the phone and it is only 3 months old. I have checked to make sure there is no dust in the ports but it is still not charging properly, it has been on charge now for 3 hours and is still only at 10%

Kimmy David
  • Forum posts: 4

Aug 15, 2017, 4:43:15 AM via Website

Hello, tina. In two months ago, I have met the same trouble with you. The way for me to fix this issue is to change usb charging line. Now there is problem of phone charging. Now I'm used to take a charger with me when travel around the city. A simple 400w power inverter can meet all charge requirement. Wish this tip is helpful to you. Best wishes.

jennyise

jennyise
  • Forum posts: 6

Dec 19, 2017, 3:24:18 AM via Website

Try another USB

David Jordan
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 25, 2018, 8:37:39 AM via Website

I also have a galaxy 3. I just bought a new battery a few days ago due to mine swelling up. Even with the new battery, my phone won't hold a charge for too long. It's mostly on the USB charge because the plug sucks and won't charge it. Even while its slowly charging I can't use it which is VERY disappointing. I've even tried a few of those battery saving apps but I don't see a difference. should you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Oct 25, 2018, 12:36:43 PM via Website

Check the connections on your charger.
Make sure they are firmly plugged in.
Question ; did you drop your phone?
Your battery may be damaged or faulty.
And so may be your charger.
Take it back to the store you purchased it from it should still be under warranty.
Have them check it out!