3 basic WHATSAPP questions

• Replies:12
dan
  • Forum posts: 7

Apr 14, 2017, 3:24:40 AM via Website

In the WHATSAPP (Android) app:
1) how and where do I retrieve my missed calls?
2) is there a web-site that has clear documentation for WHATSAPP?
3) what is the purpose of this web-page (web.whatsapp.com)

Thanks,
Dan

Ruby Mariah
  • Forum posts: 53

Aug 1, 2017, 6:43:46 PM via Website

dan

In the WHATSAPP (Android) app:
1) how and where do I retrieve my missed calls?
2) is there a web-site that has clear documentation for WHATSAPP?
3) what is the purpose of this web-page (web.whatsapp.com)

Thanks,
Dan

1. I think with whatsApp backup you can get you chats and other data back any time after re-installation the app.
  2. Which type of documents are you asking about can you please clear your question so I can give you more authentic answer.
  3. Web.whatsapp.com is a online platform where you can access your whatsapp account in any browser. So this is very helpful in laptop or mac etc for using WhatsApp.

dan

Aug 1, 2017, 11:02:02 PM via Website

Ruby:
1) ok
2) Not my documents! I'm looking for documentation that Whatsapp has published on how to use Whatsapp
3) What am I supposed to do with the QR code that I see at "Web.whatsapp.com" ? My PC can't take a picture of it like a cell phone can so how is a desktop PC supposed to use this site?

dan

Aug 2, 2017, 4:39:40 AM via Website

James:
I'm sure I'll have some other questions but this will be a good starting point, so thanks!
Dan

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Aug 2, 2017, 5:06:17 AM via Website

Yes, it's a starting point. If you have any other questions, you may post them here. Let's all try to help each other. (laughing)

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

dan

Aug 2, 2017, 8:02:30 AM via Website

Very sporting of you - consider your bookmarked!
Dan

Bastian Siewers
  • Forum posts: 9,729

Aug 2, 2017, 10:07:33 AM via Website

Hi dan, welcome to AndroidPIT! :)

As for the web app: your PC is not supposed to read the QR code, your phone is. SImply open WhatsApp on your phone, click the three dots at the top right and click on WhatsApp Web. You will see a short explanation and afterwards the camera of your phone will be activated. Simply scan the QR code being displayed on your PC display and voila, you can use WhatsApp on your PC :)

dan

Aug 3, 2017, 2:20:57 AM via Website

Bastian:

Please understand that when I'm in a WiFi area I successfully can use WhatsApp on a cell phone (given to me by a friend) that has no SIM card.
However, your last sentence ("...you can use WhatsApp on your PC") baffles me: how is what you told me to do going to suddenly activate WhatsApp ON MY PC, and if it does, how do I use it on PC ?!?

Thanks for your interest,
Dan

— modified on Aug 3, 2017, 2:21:25 AM

Bastian Siewers

Aug 3, 2017, 10:17:48 AM via Website

Hi,

as long as WhatsApp has been activated on the phone, it does not need any SIM card to work anymore, only an internet connection. You can not activate WhatsApp without a phone number, on which you can receive the SMS.

As to your second question: As I posted, simply follow the steps and you will have all your chats and messages on your PC in your browser. Simply open web.whatsapp.com, scan the barcode with your phone and everything will be set up :)

dan

Aug 3, 2017, 9:32:01 PM via Website

Hi,
I do have a legit phone number that Google once assigned to me (from Hangouts, I believe) and that's the one I use for WhatsApp.

You said barcode but I assume you meant QR code - I'll do that and follow your directions.

So, in summary, the only purpose of web.whatsapp.com is to open WhatsApp on my cell phone, take a picture of the QR code, and then I can start a chat session with a friend - is that correct? Also, is this is only for SMS or can I talk (assuming I have my mic & speakers turned on)?
Thank you!
Dan
PS: I don't know why the folks at WhatsApp never were clear (at least to me) what you were supposed to do on that page?!

Bastian Siewers

Aug 4, 2017, 10:03:17 AM via Website

Hi,

sorry for the wrong word, I meant QR code.

Well, I guess that WhatsApp assumes that people who open web.whatsapp.com know why they are opening the website ;)

You can only chat via the web version, voice calls are not available atm.

dan

dan

Aug 5, 2017, 2:01:58 AM via Website

Thanks very much for your clear and concise explanations!
Dan