Restoring lost What's app media

• Replies:2
Manish Rai
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 24, 2017, 11:52:58 AM via Website

Something went wrong automatically with my phone last night and since then I lost all my media. I tried restoring it from the local and Google backup but it could only restore the chat messages and not the media. Please help me restoring the media as on 22nd or 23rd September. I sent an email to what's app help desk team but replied that my phone is rooted hence I cannot receive help from them. Whereas my phone is in the original state as I bought it online from a supplier based in Dubai. Please help.

PakRayon
  • Forum posts: 48

Sep 25, 2017, 9:32:08 AM via Website

That's strange! Did you check WhatsApp data folder on File Manager app? The location of media files should be WhatsApp/Media. If they are gone, it is impossible to restore from local backup. Also, check the backup on WhatsApp on drive.google.com. If the media are still in the backup, the size of the backup should be big enough.

Alternatively, you can recover WhatsApp media with Android data recovery app, which can retrieve audio, images, and videos on your WhatsApp conversation. Learn how to restore WhatsApp chat history on Android phone.

Manish Rai
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 25, 2017, 9:41:13 AM via Website

Thanks Pak. This media folders are empty on my phone when I try to see using file manager. I could not find it on Google drive because the previous backup was overwritten with the new backup without the media. Nothing seems to be helping. I don't know why whatsapp team is saying that my phone is rooted whereas it is not. Can't receive help from them too. Thanks anyways.