Create a map based android app

• Replies:1
Nikos A
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 27, 2017, 11:13:51 PM via Website

Hello experts,

I am new to this and have just created a new project in Android Studio. I want to develop an android app that will use google maps as a base. I then want to be able to add points with specific addresses on the map providing info to the users about the location of specific points of interest that are not shown in google maps. I would also like to organize all these points in various categories, and allow the user to do filter searches and limit the visible points. I imagine this to be very similar with how excell filters function. Finally I would like to be able to click on each of these points on the map, and a new page would open with some basic info about each point (small thumbnail, date of construction, transportation access (in text form), etc.).

My first question is : Is it possible to create such an app using only Android Studio? I have seen some tutorial videos and I am confident that doing the first part (the google map with some specific points on it, is pretty easy to create, but I am not sure about the extra features that I describe. Can anyone give me some guidance about the best way to create these features? And is it a good starting point that I created a project with "Google Maps Activity" or will this predefine the appearance and layout of the app?

Varun
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 11, 2017, 6:32:46 AM via Website

Hello Nikos,
Hope you are doing great,

I have read your query very carefully that you Create a map based android app. You can create the map based android app through the Map Activity as well as with the help of Fragment. Which is more easy to create the App. Because Map Activity having there own Layout. So, We can easily create the SHA ID Through Android Studio or Command BOX.

You can add me at Skype for more info my ID Is: dcubetech

Hope to hear from you soon with a positive response.

Thanks & Regards
Varun