App requesting to take pictures in-app

• Replies:10
Alex
  • Forum posts: 5

Mar 18, 2018, 5:08:13 PM via Website

An app is requesting to use my camera in order to take a picture in-app. How can I bypass this and serve the app an already existing picture in the gallery rather than having to take a new picture in-app? Thanks!

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Mar 19, 2018, 3:47:44 AM via Website

You may try to disable camera permission for that app. But I am not sure that the app will accept an already existing picture in the gallery.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
AC&MM
  • Forum posts: 1,155

Mar 19, 2018, 3:52:23 AM via Website

Alex

An app is requesting to use my camera in order to take a picture in-app. How can I bypass this and serve the app an already existing picture in the gallery rather than having to take a new picture in-app? Thanks!

What's the name of that app?

AC&MM
Galaxy J7 Pro
Moto X Force
Galaxy Tab S3

Helpful?
Rachael Alice
  • Forum posts: 164

Mar 19, 2018, 6:55:49 AM via Website

Disallowing the permission would probably work for the issue or else there might be an option to just exit that step while using application.

If you need a precise answer, provide the name of the app so that one can make use of it and help you solve your issue.

Helpful?
Alex

Mar 19, 2018, 7:27:24 AM via Website

Thank you for all of the replies. It's an app that wants me to take a selfie for verificatio but I'm not interested in giving up my privacy. If someone reckons he or she can bypass this via a rooted phone or an emulator like MEmu then I'd be ore than happy to pay for a work-around. PM me if you're interested and I'll send you the app details :)

TL;DR: Will pay someone to show me how to inject pictures from the gallery to the live camera feed.

— modified on Mar 19, 2018, 7:40:40 AM

Helpful?
Alex

Mar 19, 2018, 7:11:48 PM via Website

Ah just realized you can't seem to send PM's here? :/ Anyway if someone is interested, please leave a reply here :)

Helpful?
Jay B
  • Forum posts: 15

Mar 20, 2018, 12:32:49 PM via Website

Unfortunately this is not possible without rooting the device. Had it been so easy, nobody would have used Android because of security issues in Apps.

But interested to know if anybody has a possible way to do this.

Helpful?
Alex

Mar 20, 2018, 4:44:36 PM via Website

Yep, rooted or even using an android emulator. But the question remains - how to do it? Offer is still in the air :)

Helpful?
Alex Ventor999
  • Forum posts: 6

Mar 21, 2018, 9:05:27 PM via Website

and no one knows;)

Helpful?
Desi Gamer
  • Forum posts: 4

Mar 25, 2018, 3:25:25 PM via Website

Unfortunately this is not possible without rooting the device. Had it been so easy, nobody would have used Android because of security issues in Apps.

Helpful?
Alex

Mar 25, 2018, 5:21:14 PM via Website

Yea but how to do it on a rooted phone?

Helpful?